[Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also, is it possible to archive existing ideas as "implemented"? (Since a few things are now in 0.8)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also, is it possible to archive existing ideas as "implemented"? (Since a few things are now in 0.8)

Done, took me a while to figure out how to mark ideas as "completed".... You can filter for oly "open" ideas now.

@DieBagger:
    A question about userecho, is it possible to see who voted what for any request?

Also about my request did I over complicate things or overkill so that people (users not developers) don't understand what I'm trying to say? Any insights that you can share...
    I think it's ok, maybe a bit too technical. Would have probably be enough to just write "Skinnable remote control section for different purposes .... etc).

Are there any plans for adding an "Unwatched" filter for the TV-Series?
    Right now it shows a dump of the mediaportal TV-Series database which includes shows I don't even have anymore.
    Are those non-existant tv shows shown in the mp-tvseries UI? The long-term plan is to scrap the current "layout" with tabs for tvseries/videos/movies/etc. and have home icons for each plugin. The user should be able to sort them /choose which ones he wants. Each plugin then has tabs for e.g. mp-tvseries views. But that's quite a bit down the road.

este22

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

hi,

please help me. i think i have problem with gma service. if i test the main url from the wiki, it works. but if i take the url from movingpictures or tvseries i get this error:

{"ExceptionType":"System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException","Message":"SQLite error\u000d\u000ano such column: series.IMDB_ID","StackTrace":" bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)\u000d\u000a bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()\u000d\u000a bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)\u000d\u000a bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()\u000d\u000a bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)\u000d\u000a bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)\u000d\u000a bei System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader()\u000d\u000a bei GmaWebService.Code.Helper.Query..ctor(String databasePath, String query, SQLiteParameter[] parameters)\u000d\u000a bei GmaWebService.Code.Helper.Database.ReadList[T](String queryString, FillObject`1 builder, Nullable`1 start, Nullable`1 end, SQLiteParameter[] parameters)\u000d\u000a bei GmaWebService.Code.Helper.Database.ReadList[T](String queryString, FillObject`1 builder, Nullable`1 start, Nullable`1 end)\u000d\u000a bei GmaWebService.Code.MPTvSeries.GetSeries(Nullable`1 start, Nullable`1 end)\u000d\u000a bei GmaWebService.Code.MPTvSeries.GetAllSeries()\u000d\u000a bei GmaWebService.MediaAccessService.GetAllSeries(SortBy sort, OrderBy order)\u000d\u000a bei SyncInvokeGetAllSeries(Object , Object[] , Object[] )\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)\u000d\u000a bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)"}

i can't see any series or films in ampdroid. wifiremote and tv works very well. what could i did wrong?

ps: will there also be a german thread?

edit: it works, but i don't know why

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Right now it shows a dump of the mediaportal TV-Series database which includes shows I don't even have anymore.
    Are those non-existant tv shows shown in the mp-tvseries UI? The long-term plan is to scrap the current "layout" with tabs for tvseries/videos/movies/etc. and have home icons for each plugin. The user should be able to sort them /choose which ones he wants. Each plugin then has tabs for e.g. mp-tvseries views. But that's quite a bit down the road.

The interface has non-existent shows (and non-existent episodes for existent shows) - files that no longer exist on the hard-drive. They're probably saved in MP-TV-Series somewhere but MP-TVSeries somehow knows not to display these shows (or episodes) in the MP interface.
    I'm actually the only one with this phenomenon?

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi, DieBagger.

Thanks a lot for this new version.

I use aMPdroid mostly for controlling my music, and is therefore very glad to see that I can now select an Albums to play.

But I am very sad to see, that the problem with handling albums with multiple artists, are even worse.
    Now the problem is also in the “album View” before it was only in “Artist View”.

I am running this on a Galaxy Tab, with android 2.3.3.
    I can stream video and movies with Vplayer.
    But when I try to stream TV or Recordings, I get the menu with play, continue and streamingquality, but the buttons are not active. Any idea what I might be missing.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

hi,

please help me. i think i have problem with gma service. if i test the main url from the wiki, it works. but if i take the url from movingpictures or tvseries i get this error:

<cut here>

i can't see any series or films in ampdroid. wifiremote and tv works very well. what could i did wrong?

ps: will there also be a german thread?

edit: it works, but i don't know why
    That appears to be a problem with your database. If you get the error again, could you please post the version of MP TV Series your using, the path to the database that's configured in C:\Program Files (x86)\GmaWebService\config.xml and the database itself (might also be done in a PM if you don't want to upload it in public).

Also, please post further problems in the GMA thread.

The interface has non-existent shows (and non-existent episodes for existent shows) - files that no longer exist on the hard-drive. They're probably saved in MP-TV-Series somewhere but MP-TVSeries somehow knows not to display these shows (or episodes) in the MP interface.
    I'm actually the only one with this phenomenon?
    So they aren't shown in the MP TV Series, but they are shown in the aMPdroid interface? Then that's probably because MP TV series check if the file exists before showing them in the interface. I could check that, but the MP TV Series source is huge and I can't find it easily. The best solution is to do remove the obsolete series from your database. I'm not sure if we should do this check too in GMA.

But I am very sad to see, that the problem with handling albums with multiple artists, are even worse.
    Now the problem is also in the “album View” before it was only in “Artist View”.
    (leaving this for DieBagger to comment on. I know that the music DB is quite bad designed and that there have been some changes and problems related to artists and multiple people in a single field, but I'm not sure if this is a GMA or aMPdroid bug. )
    But when I try to stream TV or Recordings, I get the menu with play, continue and streamingquality, but they the buttons are not active. Any idea what I might be missing.
    Probably the latest TV4Home Core Service. Did you install a new version?

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Are those non-existant tv shows shown in the mp-tvseries UI?

i also have a show which is deleted but still seems to be in the database... this one is not shown in mptvseries but ampdroid lists it, it's also accessable, but no infos/banners are shown because the don't exist anymore

- wol doesn't work for me. i use a singleseat installation, so does it make a difference and are only clients woken up or would the server also be woken up?

- mh, had to realize that in music artist view songs which seem to have no album defined in their id3 tag, will not be listed when i enter the artist... (my folderstructure looks something like this: i have two folders, albums and single tracks, and most of these single tracks are not tagged with album information and not listed in ampdroid while the whole albums are shown...)

- music shares view does not have the "moveable slider" so scrolling there takes quite some time with larger music collections ;)

- streaming is a great addition! worked well so far at first but later this morning i started to stream a tvseries again, paused it to have it "buffer some more" and checked mails and stuff. suddenly the stream started playing automatically after some time. i paused it again and it started playing again after a short moment...

have to install mp without 4therecord to test the tv part... really great release so far! i like the streaming a lot :D

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi, Oxan
    Thank you for your quick response. You were right.
    With the latest version of TV4Home Core Service everything is now working perfectly.

Thanks.

Megane

Portal Member
    March 18, 2008
    Bologna
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi there,
    some progress in problem solving.
    At first the app connected to the HTPC but not to GmaWebservice.
    I updated both aMPdroid and GmaWebservice, so it connected to GmaWebservice but the app started giving me this message "wrong username or password".
    I opened the GmaWebservice config file and after changing all the settings of "config.xml" so that they would point to my MediaPortal config files, I found username and password (admin and admin) and put them into the app settings.
    Now the app connects to the HTPC but if I try to use the movie or sound icons of the home screen menu after a few seconds the app crashes. I can't see anything except the "Home screen" and the "remote control" pages.

Any idea?:confused::confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom