[Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more (1 Viewer)

Shangostar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2009
    Somerset
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    does it read the track number from the tag? all my songs are displayed in alphabetical order and are played that way when playing an album with ampdroid, MP plays the same album in track order if selected to play in MP itself.

Also it ignores MP setting for "Jump to", it always goes to current playlist, be good if it could mimic the MP setting for this.

GoldenEye

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Only problem I've got is I can't seem to play music in mediaportal by browsing to it in ampdroid, ive seen others mention they can do this, i can play tv episodes and movies but music doesnt play, i can browse it all fine and the album art and info shows up, how do i start playing it?

Nevermind this one, figured it out :oops:

As I face the same issue - do you mind sharing your solution?

Thx, G.

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Is aMPdroid supposed to be able to stream music? because that doesn't seem to work for me. A click on a music file in the app doesn't seem to do anything and a long press brings up a context menu with the options to play on PC or to download only.
    Is that some kind of a feature that I haven't figured out how to use or is it not implemented yet?

Thanks.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Is aMPdroid supposed to be able to stream music? because that doesn't seem to work for me. A click on a music file in the app doesn't seem to do anything and a long press brings up a context menu with the options to play on PC or to download only.
    Is that some kind of a feature that I haven't figured out how to use or is it not implemented yet?

Not implemented yet, vote for it here Add music streaming / General forum / aMPdroid

But I am very sad to see, that the problem with handling albums with multiple artists, are even worse.
    Now the problem is also in the “album View” before it was only in “Artist View”.
    (leaving this for DieBagger to comment on. I know that the music DB is quite bad designed and that there have been some changes and problems related to artists and multiple people in a single field, but I'm not sure if this is a GMA or aMPdroid bug. )

Hi
    I can see I probably did not explain very clear, the problem is not multiple artists I one track.
    What I mean is an album with tracks of various artists, but the same albumartist.

Example: Album= Ultimate duet's vol.1
    17 tracks all with different artists, albumartist = “Ultimate duet's” on all tracks
    This album is shown/displayed 17 times in both “album View” and “artist View”

Maybe it is just a matter of sorting with albumartist instead of artist.
    Yeah we need to handle the whole music section a bit better in GmaWebservice, but as you said the music db isn't really a pleasure to work with... ;)

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

Not implemented yet, vote for it here Add music streaming / General forum / aMPdroid

Done! Thank you!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

- wol doesn't work for me. i use a singleseat installation, so does it make a difference and are only clients woken up or would the server also be woken up?
    Did you enter the correct MAC address for your pc (has to be the mac address of the network adapter you are using....

- music shares view does not have the "moveable slider" so scrolling there takes quite some time with larger music collections ;)
    Will fix that

chrik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for the answer Oxan. Got it working in 5 minutes.

What about cooperate with the developer of Rockstar 2.01 and then let AMPdroid control the software/music :). Would be really great.

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I have question about WOL function..

On aMPDroid I have two profiles:
    - internal LAN control profile (HTPC IP like: 192.168.1.5) with MAC settings, connection type: WiFi,
    - external WAN control profile (HTPC dyn.dns. like: xxx.ath.cx) with MAC settings, connection type: GSM 3G/2G,

Wake on lan working only from LAN. On router I have redirected port 9 and static arp table. "Wake on lan" function working good from wan too. I tested from this site: Wake-On-LAN Online (WOL) - Wake up your computer over Internet, no software needed!... Why not working from aMPdroid??

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe your provider blocks the wake-on-lan packets over the 3G network? Broadcasts over the internet usually don't work very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom