[Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more (1 Viewer)

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Rydułtowy
Home Country
Poland Poland
I tried from another wifi netwok (port 9 not blocked I'm sure) and not working too. Wake on lan working good if I have static arp on router...I use router with linux software (xwrt) and function always working. Problem is that I must open a url wakeonlan site :(

Now my configuration is: Redirected port udp 9 from WAN to LAN to adress 192.168.1.127 (my network broadcast address) and static ARP like 192.168.1.5 AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF..

hofi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 19, 2009
    Ardagger Markt
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

For me WOL is working on the WLAN at home and over 3G forwarding Port 9 over Thomson TG858 Router and dyndns, its working with aMPdroid and WoL (App from BenFinnigan.com) on Desire HD.
    On my device aMPdroid is only sending WOL-Magic-Packets when using TV or Video, not on login or remotecontrol.

EDIT: On some GSM or UMTS Stations i cant also wakeup my MPC, i think the Mobile-Providers have different Settings in ther own Network, when my Phone is in any W-LAN it runs every Time, my Provider is "A1", in Austria.

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    About WOL on WAN - test using web services Wake on WAN and you will be sure about mobile providers filtering if so.

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

You forward port 9 to HTPC IP or to broadcast address (could you write your broadcast ip)??

About WOL on WAN - test using web services Wake on WAN and you will be sure about mobile providers filtering if so.
    I checked a WOL function @work over another wifi network...WOL not working...hmmm...

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I download BenFiinigan wake on lan app and working from wan and lan... But from port 7. 9 not working. I try change port on ampdroid sourcecode to 7 and recompile app but still not working...this is my first java code :)...who help me? :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Hm ... Streaming is more sort of maybe it seems. Appart from TV stream does start (or no - no idea why it works when) streaming movies lead always "Error - Media Media_Error_unknown -2147483648".

You recommend to use MOBO PLayer - but I see no option to select it as player - only Profile Android HQ is there

I use A Galaxy S2 and an Motorola Xoom

Markus

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

"Error - Media Media_Error_unknown -2147483648".

I got the exact same error until i changed username and password in the config file for the GMA Service.
    If you have the media files on a NAS or a server you need to change the username and password from the default "admin/admin" to something that access to the NAS/Server.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

I got the exact same error until i changed username and password in the config file for the GMA Service.
    If you have the media files on a NAS or a server you need to change the username and password from the default "admin/admin" to something that access to the NAS/Server.

Tried it - set the Log-On Name to one allowed plus the service itself too - same error - also it doesn't start to play when selecting "play". But the listing works fine and also no error ios shown in the app itself but when teh player starts.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Tried it - set the Log-On Name to one allowed plus the service itself too - same error - also it doesn't start to play when selecting "play". But the listing works fine and also no error ios shown in the app itself but when teh player starts.

Is downloading working for these mediafiles? If it is, please follow the guide here so we can try to solve your problem. And fyi, MoboPlayer is recommanded for phones with Android versions < 2.3 because they can't use the internal player. If you still want to use another player (e.g. MoboPlayer) you can set "Use external player" in the settings.

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi! First let me say that i'm impressed of the app.
    My problem is that it just wont work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10,1. I'm getting the message you can see in the screenshot. It works great on my HTC Desire and on my ZTE V9/Light. This happens no matter what i'm trying to stream, but once in a while it suddenly works, but if i then shut down the stream to change quality setting, it wont start again and is showing me this message.
    uploadfromtaptalk1311112945340.jpg
    Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom