[Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi! First let me say that i'm impressed of the app.
    My problem is that it just wont work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10,1. I'm getting the message you can see in the screenshot. It works great on my HTC Desire and on my ZTE V9/Light. This happens no matter what i'm trying to stream, but once in a while it suddenly works, but if i then shut down the stream to change quality setting, it wont start again and is showing me this message.
    View attachment 85480
    Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
    Hm, I remember that oxan talked about a codec issue with the galaxy tab... I think it was something with the audio codec used. You can try to change one of the streaming profiles so it will remove the audio channels (instead of -acodec libaac just -an). I think it is possible to use another audio codec but you needed a version of ffmpeg that we weren't allowed to distribute.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

"Error - Media Media_Error_unknown -2147483648".

I got the exact same error until i changed username and password in the config file for the GMA Service.
    If you have the media files on a NAS or a server you need to change the username and password from the default "admin/admin" to something that access to the NAS/Server.

Tried it - set the Log-On Name to one allowed plus the service itself too - same error - also it doesn't start to play when selecting "play". But the listing works fine and also no error ios shown in the app itself but when teh player starts.

ARGH ... my bad ... USB drive was disconnected .... sorry ... the logging has shown it immediatly ;)

So - streaming working cool - but few questions came to my mind:

Quality - is it possible to set it genaral? Think it needed to set for every new stream to HQ by default.
    What is limiting the streanquality (so it's playing uninterrupted) - the htpc or the device
    Timeout for the progressbar?
    You can set the profile during playback but this causes the playback to cancel with an error (so on the fly is obviously not possible)
    This is after all an awsome plugin!:D

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My problem is that it just wont work on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10,1. I'm getting the message you can see in the screenshot. It works great on my HTC Desire and on my ZTE V9/Light. This happens no matter what i'm trying to stream, but once in a while it suddenly works, but if i then shut down the stream to change quality setting, it wont start again and is showing me this message.
    View attachment 85480
    Hm, I remember that oxan talked about a codec issue with the galaxy tab... I think it was something with the audio codec used. You can try to change one of the streaming profiles so it will remove the audio channels (instead of -acodec libaac just -an). I think it is possible to use another audio codec but you needed a version of ffmpeg that we weren't allowed to distribute.

Hi!
    I tried alot of things, but nothing works :(
    Just to make sure were talking the same device, it's an Galaxy Tab 10.1 with honeycomb 3.1.

HenkV

May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    View attachment 85480

Hi!
    Just to make sure were talking the same device, it's an Galaxy Tab 10.1 with honeycomb 3.1.
    i've got the same problem with Honeycomb, but if you choose "use external player" (i use Vplayer) in the settings page it works.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Regarding the problems on the Galaxy Tab:
    There were indeed some playback problems on the original Galaxy S. Not sure if that's true with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 too. The error you get is MEDIA_ERROR_SERVER_DIED, which usually indicates some bug in the Android firmware in combination with the current stream. We probably need to set some different parameters, but I don't have any Honeycomb hardware to test it with. The docs indicate that it's the same as the support in Gingerbread - which is weird, because that works for me. I've one idea what it can be though: could one of you try what DieBagger suggested above and change -acodec aac -ab 256k -ac 2 -strict experimental to -an in config.xml and then check if the changed profile works?

Quality - is it possible to set it genaral? Think it needed to set for every new stream to HQ by default.
    There is a remember checkbox
    What is limiting the streanquality (so it's playing uninterrupted) - the htpc or the device
    Depends on your source file, HTPC and device, but if you've a reasonably powered device then it's usually the HTPC or the wifi.

pellegj

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hi!
    i've got the same problem with Honeycomb, but if you choose "use external player" (i use Vplayer) in the settings page it works.

Yes, vplayer did the trick.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

There were indeed some playback problems on the original Galaxy S. Not sure if that's true with the Galaxy Tab 10.1 too. The error you get is MEDIA_ERROR_SERVER_DIED, which usually indicates some bug in the Android firmware in combination with the current stream. We probably need to set some different parameters, but I don't have any Honeycomb hardware to test it with. The docs indicate that it's the same as the support in Gingerbread - which is weird, because that works for me. I've one idea what it can be though: could one of you try what DieBagger suggested above and change -acodec aac -ab 256k -ac 2 -strict experimental to -an in config.xml and then check if the changed profile works?

Depends on your source file, HTPC and device, but if you've a reasonably powered device then it's usually the HTPC or the wifi.

You can set it per stream but in in general - so (as in my case it seems to be the wifi) is limiting the quality for uninterrupte streaming an general option for setting the profile to anorther default and not only before each stream you start.

Another thing I have seen - when you have a video spltitet into two files you get them both in the library and not like in moving pictures in one file - any chance that this is going to be changed?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

You can set it per stream but in in general - so (as in my case it seems to be the wifi) is limiting the quality for uninterrupte streaming an general option for setting the profile to anorther default and not only before each stream you start.

Another thing I have seen - when you have a video spltitet into two files you get them both in the library and not like in moving pictures in one file - any chance that this is going to be changed?

The remember option will save the setting per stream type (videos/tv/recordings).

Make a feature request at http://ampdroid.userecho.com/ and, depending on how popular this is we can look into it.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Also please post some log files, otherwise we will never be able to fix this properly -> Troubleshooting - MediaPortal Wiki

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Hmm, we need to take a better look at that. It's quite easily possible to let them show up only once, but it's harder to actually treat the multiple files as a single movie (i.e. automatically start the second part when the first part finished streaming).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom