[Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thank you DieBagger for this great app!
    I just downgraded from 0.8.1 to 0.8 again, because the the app has problems with the tv server functions. This section doesn't work anymore. After downgrade everything well again, without changing anything.
    That's very strange, everything is working fine here... What excactly isn't working and can you post some log files (logcat and tv4home logs).

PS: Will there be a advertising free version?
    Yes, have to set a google merchant account first, though.

Streaming works, but I have serious playback issues even on a HTC Hero with LQ stream. Very low fps ~1 sek, and sound is chopped into small pieces on external player

Maybe Hero does not have the required CPU:-S
    Hard to say, can you try the following: long-press the "Start" button in the streaming details page. That will start a download of the selected file/tv channel. After a while, cancel the download and try to play the file (sdcard\aMPdroid\streaming_debug.ts).

Feature request: Single installer!
    Planned

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

I have a Problem with streaming Recordings. I have two Folder in the Recording-Path, "Serien" and "Movies". The Files in the Folder "Movies" works but the Files in the Folder "Series" doesn't work. The stream doesn't start...

Thor2605

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

With the new version I can't control my HTPC anymore!

I have to press a lot of times one button and then suddenly all commands are done at once. If I press only once nothing happens!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

I have to press a lot of times one button and then suddenly all commands are done at once. If I press only once nothing happens!

Are you sure this is because of the new version, it contains mostly bug-fixes and nothing major changed since 0.8.

Can you please provide logs if this keeps on happening (alogcat files and mediaportal logs). Also make sure your wifi signal is ok.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Are you sure this is because of the new version, it contains mostly bug-fixes and nothing major changed since 0.8.

Can you please provide logs if this keeps on happening (alogcat files and mediaportal logs). Also make sure your wifi signal is ok.
    I experienced the same at one point, but this was with v0.8. So far it did not happen again, but I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe it's a problem with the newest WiFi Remote Plugin actually?

lsf3og

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2010
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    after installing all the updates to GMAWebservice, WifiRemote and Ampdroid, nearly nothing works anymore for me. I got The remote to working again, but i can neither browse music shares, artists, albums, songs nor moving pictues, series... Whenever i try to browse artists, for example, i get loading artists indefenitely. After disconnecting nothing works until i kill the app. Streaming doesn't work. All i get is the streaming options, but everything is greyed out. The test pages work though. Any ideas?

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,
    after installing all the updates to GMAWebservice, WifiRemote and Ampdroid, nearly nothing works anymore for me. I got The remote to working again, but i can neither browse music shares, artists, albums, songs nor moving pictues, series... Whenever i try to browse artists, for example, i get loading artists indefenitely. After disconnecting nothing works until i kill the app. Streaming doesn't work. All i get is the streaming options, but everything is greyed out. The test pages work though. Any ideas?

No, as I am not a fortune teller I would need some infos to help you
    a) log files (android logcat, gma, tv4home)
    b) some more info what is not working (for example if browsing doesn't work how would you even get to the streaming details page)
    c) what phone/android os version are you using

What you can do is try to restart your phone (maybe memory is low) and your htpc and make sure your wifi connection is strong enough.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

I experienced the same at one point, but this was with v0.8. So far it did not happen again, but I'll keep an eye on it. Maybe it's a problem with the newest WiFi Remote Plugin actually?

To be honest this sounds like the wifi signal is so bad for a short time that the messages can't be sent. Then once the signal is back up, all previous commands are sent at once. Can you make sure your wifi signal is ok when this happens? Nevertheless we will need to figure out how to handle this situation (maybe discard old packets).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom