[Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi!
I'm about to buy a tablet with Android OS for some basic home use (email, web, ebook, etc), and I thought it would be nice to use it to control MP as well. Basically, I would like to use mainly the Music function: I have a server with Tv Client and all the data on it (music, videos, photos, etc) and two clients. One client is connected to an amp with BIG speakers the one I use to listen music. I do have a mini display on the HTPC but it is rather simple and not too convenient, I was thinking of using the tablet and aMPdroid as a mucis selector/controller for musics and perhaps radios without having to turn on my TV and use my Harmony.
Do I get it right, that by using aMPdroid I can fully achieve this and I will be able to browse trough my entire music collection, to start/stop/pause, skip etc and create playlists as described above?
Sorry for the noob question and thanks for your help! I don't have yet any Android based device so I can not try it out.
Thanks!

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Ok guys, I need a tutorial for a super noob user... ME! :) I'm using the latest MP on a Windows 7 Ultimate based HTPC. I installed lates version of GmaWebservices, .NET 4.0, TV4Home CoreService and WifiRemote (0.6).
Also using latest version of the aMPdroid App on my SGS S.
My system is using Microsoft Security Essencials.
I can't get the remote to work. Even the wifiremote test client doesn't work.
Don't know what to do....
Please help.
Thanks

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Ok guys, I need a tutorial for a super noob user... ME! :) I'm using the latest MP on a Windows 7 Ultimate based HTPC. I installed lates version of GmaWebservices, .NET 4.0, TV4Home CoreService and WifiRemote (0.6).
Also using latest version of the aMPdroid App on my SGS S.
My system is using Microsoft Security Essencials.
I can't get the remote to work. Even the wifiremote test client doesn't work.
Don't know what to do....
Please help.
Thanks

You should install Mpextended because it replaced TV4Home and GmaWebservice. It makes the Configuration a lot easier. Maybee you can test it with turn the Firewall off.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Re: AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

With Mpextended I get the remote to work but I can't browse for media in My phone. It gives an error about WOL: "No connection to service, wake pc using WOL?"

Ayindi

Portal Member
December 1, 2011
AW: Re: AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

With Mpextended I get the remote to work but I can't browse for media in My phone. It gives an error about WOL: "No connection to service, wake pc using WOL?"

Hi,

for MPExtended you need the Preview Version 1.0 which you can get here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ampdroid-546/ampdroid-1-0-preview-release-103882/

In case you are already using this version I'd suggest to disable the Firewall for test purposes. The MPExtended installer does not correctly open the Port (think it was 4322) for some people (me included :D )

In case disabling the firewall helps, enable it and open port 4322 manually.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Hi,

for MPExtended you need the Preview Version 1.0 which you can get here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ampdroid-546/ampdroid-1-0-preview-release-103882/

In case you are already using this version I'd suggest to disable the Firewall for test purposes. The MPExtended installer does not correctly open the Port (think it was 4322) for some people (me included :D )

In case disabling the firewall helps, enable it and open port 4322 manually.

Tryed that but no go....
How can I open port manually? I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials...

Ayindi

Portal Member
December 1, 2011
AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

If disabling the Firewall does not fix your problem opening the single port manually will not help you either.

Does the normal remote function work? And is the MPExtended service started?

Please also review the "advanced settings" in AMPdroid. There you can give all credentials that are needed for media streaming. You should get all these if you scanned the QR code, but in case you entered your credentials manually, you may have forgotten to enter these credentials as they are quite hidden.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

If disabling the Firewall does not fix your problem opening the single port manually will not help you either.

Does the normal remote function work? And is the MPExtended service started?

Please also review the "advanced settings" in AMPdroid. There you can give all credentials that are needed for media streaming. You should get all these if you scanned the QR code, but in case you entered your credentials manually, you may have forgotten to enter these credentials as they are quite hidden.

The normal remote function works. The MPExtended service started. And I gave all credentials....

Ayindi

Portal Member
December 1, 2011
AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Hmm,

ok the only other idea I currently have is opening the MPExtended GUI on your PC and go to the troubleshooting page an click on the links to check if the services are running correctly and if they answer to your requests. If that works, I suggest to try these links from your mobile phone and from any other remote machines you have in the network. Maybe you can drill down the problem a bit.

I had a similar problem (remote working, but streaming not) and in my case it was the firewall.

Good luck :)

Edit: Ok just saw that Oxan was asking you in another thread to try the troubleshooting links...

The only way to help you is with the firewall :)

1. in the windows start menu go to the command line and enter "firewall"
2. something like "firewall with advanced security" should appear, click on it
3. a window will come up. in the top left corner go to "incoming rules"
4. On the right side, click on "new rule" and select "new port" in the next window
5. Use TCP for the port 4322 is the standard and click through the next windows.
6. That should be it.

From what I read it really seems to me that this is some firewall issue. Is it possible that you maybe have two installed? (Dont know if that is possible) Maybe your router is the problem, but in your local network you should not need to adjust any settings.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Re: AW: [Android] aMPdroid 0.8 - Streaming and more

Hmm,

ok the only other idea I currently have is opening the MPExtended GUI on your PC and go to the troubleshooting page an click on the links to check if the services are running correctly and if they answer to your requests. If that works, I suggest to try these links from your mobile phone and from any other remote machines you have in the network. Maybe you can drill down the problem a bit.

I had a similar problem (remote working, but streaming not) and in my case it was the firewall.

Good luck :)

Edit: Ok just saw that Oxan was asking you in another thread to try the troubleshooting links...

The only way to help you is with the firewall :)

1. in the windows start menu go to the command line and enter "firewall"
2. something like "firewall with advanced security" should appear, click on it
3. a window will come up. in the top left corner go to "incoming rules"
4. On the right side, click on "new rule" and select "new port" in the next window
5. Use TCP for the port 4322 is the standard and click through the next windows.
6. That should be it.

From what I read it really seems to me that this is some firewall issue. Is it possible that you maybe have two installed? (Dont know if that is possible) Maybe your router is the problem, but in your local network you should not need to adjust any settings.

Ok, I did that and now it seems working, :D. But I can't stream to phone or play on pc the media in shareview.... Also I can't see the files inside folders.
Also, I doesn't show all the files available....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom