[Android] Android remote (1 Viewer)

jm_wsb

Portal Member
April 14, 2009
Hello kroko,

Keep up the good work :-0

Still some questions:
1. I only see my video movies, none of moving pictures. Is this planned/normal ?
2. I can't see TV-series either. Is this planned/normal ?
3. I use a tablet pc , can I use a higer resolution profile ?

Thanks in advance,
Jeroen

felixk

Portal Member
November 28, 2010
Hi,

been using this app for a while on both a HTC HD2 and a HTC Gratia. Working fine, but when ever I try to stream. VLC on the Mediaportal PC gives an error that the parameters are not correct.
Do I have to set something up on the server side for it to work?
Hope it is just something I forgot.

westd001

October 23, 2010
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Kroko, thank you for your quick reply, sorry, I should know better................
Best regards,
JJ

fnokke

Portal Member
February 26, 2009
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

thanks for some great work so far. Worked like a charm out of the box.

I saw somebody else was wondering about port forwarding, and I tried this also but did not get it to work. Is it possible to make this work? At least I would love to be able to view all my MP pictures, and videos from outside the house and of course also to play my music in my phone when I am away...

All the other stuff with TV, plugins etc is of course also nice to have. I have used iPIMP before but a dedicated Android app is just so much nicer.
:D
Keep up the good work!

Fumes

Portal Member
December 9, 2010
Gotland
Sweden Sweden
Johan:
If you have that problem too, can it be the Desire then? I just can't get it to work.
Doesn't seem that anyone else have that problem?

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Germany Germany
AW: [Android] Android remote

Hi Fumes,

very strange. Like you said:

try to open this in your browser on the pc and then on the phone:

http://192.168.0.30:8200/info.xml

you should see something like this

<Info>
<ServerVersion>0.2.4.0</ServerVersion>
<ComputerName>NB-MKOENIG</ComputerName>
</Info>

Then open the remote and press menu and verify the ip settings are correct.
Thats all. I do not think its the phone. Do you have the latest files installed ?
When you are in the main screen you should see "nothing playing".

Screenshots and more in the documentation here:

https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge....droidRemote/Release/Using Android Remote.docx

Maybe it helps...
kroko

Fumes

Portal Member
December 9, 2010
Gotland
Sweden Sweden
Thank you for your reply! I managed to get it working this evening. I reinstalled the .apk on the phone, viola!
Something must have gone wrong during the first installation. It's the same .apk as I used the first time. I bit odd, but I'm glad it's working now.

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Germany Germany

So here is another update. It seems I can now use a dynamic ip to go through my router (port forwarding) I updated the server and the APK.

- dynamic ip possible (tested on xp, make sure add port to firewall settings)
- playlist support (not 100% yet)
- skin support prepared (as soon I receive the gfx it will work)
- add a main screen (layout )for tabs, maybe someone can give a feedback

So grab the new files..

kroko

fnokke

Portal Member
February 26, 2009
Sweden Sweden
Thanks, for the update. Unfortunately I did something bad after installing the new .apk which now forces the app to close whenever I try to open it. It seems as though the problem is caused if you go into settings and empty the ip-adress and then press the back button before anything else? Can anyone else verify this? To fix it I had to uninstall and reinstall.

Also, I did still not manage to export outside of my router. I setup to export port 8200 from my host server computer as a virtual server on the router, but I can not access it through the external ip-adress. Is there any other ports that I need to redirect to the hosting server to make this work from the outside?

Cheers,

Fnokke

jeng

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Luxembourg Luxembourg
Country flag

So here is another update. It seems I can now use a dynamic ip to go through my router (port forwarding) I updated the server and the APK.

- dynamic ip possible (tested on xp, make sure add port to firewall settings)
- playlist support (not 100% yet)
- skin support prepared (as soon I receive the gfx it will work)
- add a main screen (layout )for tabs, maybe someone can give a feedback

So grab the new files..

kroko
Hi kroko,
First :D for the update. I tested it with dynamic ip and it works! I tested it via edge and hsdpa !
But i can't access the Global settings menu anymore , it crashes! I send you the crash report via gmail. Its comming from jeng1112. My phone is sony ericsson X10mini Pro android v2.1 (For information)

Users who are viewing this thread