kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [Android] Android remote

Hi blatho,

which Word are you using ? I use Word 2007 and save the fieles as DOCX. Even it should be possible to use Open Office to open these.

If course I can save the files as doc and sent them to you. Just send me a pm with your email.
The .APK is the file you need to install on the phone.

kroko

andreaswith

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 4, 2006
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Very nice! I like to have the remote in my pocket nearly all the time. Keep up the good work.

But alas, as everyone else i have wishes...
    - Is it possible to use my hardware keyboard (Desire Z), for example to type textsearches and using keyboard shortcuts?
    - And is it possible to have userprogramable buttons? I use the TV part mostly, and like to have dedicated buttons to TV-guide and Recorded TV.

I don't know if this is possible or unreasonable to do, but to me it's what's probably lacking in a otherwise nice plugin.

Thank you

toxot

October 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi 2 all. This is a great plugin, thanks for all who create it.
    It works fine, but i have some problems with russian language names in folders/files.
    Then i try to open http://192.168.*.*:8200/movies/ on PC and see same result. I think problems in xml creating on server side.
    Anyone fix it?

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi andreaswith,

the keyboard could be done, not sure when I have time to include this. Right now you need to press "Menu" in the remote section to access the soft-keyboard.

userprogramable buttons? good idea ! I'm planning to add 4 colored buttons to the remote like this: (screenshot) Then you can then setup each button to a window.

Hi toxot,

yes the russian characters are not encoded correct. It will be fixed in the next version.

So far
    kroko

Attachments

• blue3_remote.jpg
      blue3_remote.jpg
      132.2 KB

bhengeveld

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: [Android] Android remote

Hi bhengeveld,

thanks for the flowers. Some of your ideas seems to be quite good. Maybe u noticed I already limited the amount of entries to 1000 or something (artist, albums ) but not if you press a artist for example (you get all). But going to Album first sounds not bad for me. I will do a test with my HTPC in the living room today, how it works out for me.

I also will have a look at the click response like short and long.

Right now I do a lot of layouts. I was missing the part if you flip your device and also for the tab we need a landscape layout as well. I sorted some stabilty issues like not responding if connection is broken. It should be much better now.

Anyhow folks stay tuned for the next release.

kroko

I'm looking forward to the next release! :D

toxot

October 3, 2010
    Home Country
    2kroko
    I hope in next release we can use our plugins by the phone (at least the most popular - Online Video, RadioTime, etc)
    With the best wishes.

blatho

February 8, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi kroko,

I use Word 2007, too. But this was not the problem.
    I found the problem.
    The download of the *.docx has resulted in a *.zip file download, what was caused by my IE.
    As I have used the Firefox, I have got the right *.docx Document. :eek:

Sorry for confusion, but i have never thought, that the IE does make such nonsense by downloading files.

I will send you my Email address soon. so if you want, you can reply and I send you the incredible IE download result.

Thanks

blatho

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi blatho,

I tried it myself and it happens also on my side. I changed the docx to doc and updated the links. Now it works also with the IE. Very strange.... :mad:

Thanks you for the hint.

kroko

toxot

October 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Re: AW: [Android] Android remote

I think it's not strange, because *.docx it's archived xml files (by zip), maybe you trying to open it, but the good way - save it and open after that. Same troubles u can catched when you tried to click on a link to archive file (rar or zip - no matter) in old versions of Opera (not sure that situation has changed).
    PS sorry about my english.

Djang

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm not sure if this is discussed or planned already....
    But it seems that the program can't see flac audio files on my Galaxy S.
    Any idear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom