[Android] Android remote (1 Viewer)

blitzkrg

Portal Pro
January 31, 2007
Re: [Plugin] Android remote

looking forward to this on my Droid X!!!
I can help test, write docs?
I'm a good scripter, but not much of a coder

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [Plugin] Android remote

Hi there,

thanks for all comments. Today I started some real test to see how the app is working in real on my Samsung 5800. So far the Picture/Music browser (including Music DB) is working almost. The remote is working good, I will add some more functions like switch on/off, volume and so on. oddfella will try to help me doing a nice style for the remote.

The only thing I working right now is adding music title to the playlist and transfer to sd card. BUT still it will take some time. A lot of code is quite quick & dirty.

Of course I will collect good suggestions and I do read all other threads relating remote / design. Please think about there are different devices out there with different screen sizes. So as I wrote somewhere before the size is just limited, if we want to have it working on almost all devices.

So far
kroko

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Unified Remote
    may be ask them together to add MP support?
    :)

I think this is slightly different to what the author wants to create. Unified remote is a one way remote control, author is trying to make a 2 way interactive remote. If you want a one way remote you can also try gmote, it supports skining and passing keystrokes so can easily be used to control MP. There are already several skins to download for MP from their website.

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Plugin] Android remote

Hi folks,

I just updated my new screenshots. oddfella has done a good job to create some gfx and rolls1400 has been helping with some coding too.

So I believe we can put it on the way quite soon. Its Christmas ;)

So far
    kroko

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
    March 27, 2008

Looking great keep up the good work!

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    Nice, i am really looking forward to this. If you need someone to test it at some point, i can offer a moto droid and a samsung galaxy tab (on which i am eaget to use this someday) (-:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom