[Android] Android remote (1 Viewer)

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is going to be a killer app. Ready to test. HTC desire and Samsung Apollo.

VdR

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I can't express how thrilled I am to see so much activity on this project!

I have a Moto Droid and HTC Incredible when you're ready to test.

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] Android remote

Hi folks,

after 4 weeks I packed everything togethter just to release a initial version. Of course things are a little still a bit buggy and of course I need to add more functions. Anyhow Christmas is coming up so see my first post and grab the files from there. If the app is crashing you can send the report via email to me. There is also a "howto install" so read it before ask questions.

So far
    kroko

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] Android remote

thx for this nice christmas present^^ had a quick look into it. first, it works! nice :D some things i noticed:
    - scrolling through the music list should be handled different (if possible), scrolling takes quite some time with a bigger database (around 10k tracks) since you are not able to pick the slider on the right border an move it up/down as i am used to in my htc desires photo album or contact list.
    - another thing are the colours, the "skin" is quite light and the font is white, too, so sometimes you cannot read the menu items because of missing contrast.
    - surfed through my photos with the mp remote, switched to gmail on my phone to check for incoming mails. opened up the running mp remote app again and wanted to go back to the menu to test another thing of the remote app but the hardware back button of the htc desire just brought me back to my phones homescreen instead of the remotes homescreen... so there should be sth built in that the hardware button does not quit the app or kind of implemented software-back-/home-button...
    - list entries with "special" characters are not displayed correctly for example "Beyoncé" gets stripped to "Beyonc" or "Blank & Jones" is only shown as "Blank"...

anyway, nice to see this working already, can't wait for the next updates! :D

ltmDK

Portal Member
    January 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Can't enter the MAC adress on the phone(LG Optimus android 2.2), the textbox only takes numbers:(
    This app seems to bee the best christmas present.

\Lars

PsyCrow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    this is soo cool just installed it on my laptop i use for testing mediapotal stuff,, just works :)

keep the good word up :)

/psycrow

maxirk

Portal Member
    August 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I installed on my HTC Hero. I think app is very useful. Now I can control MP even when its window is not active when someone works on the PC!

1. When playing video I press "back" to go to menu and then how to maximize the video again? Can't find this button. Is it there?

2. Is it possible to set control to hardware buttons of an android phone?
    * trackball (navkeys): right, left, up, down
    * volume keys: volume up/down
    * home key: enter (play/pause)
    * back key: back
    * hold home: .. something else :)
    I think it's possible. It's the most waiting feature for me.

3. Make context menu when click on a folder in "music". Now I can add music to playlist clicking each file - inconvenient. (I don't use artists and albums cause my music sorted by folders)

Skar

Portal Pro
    July 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just what i was looking for! :D

Downloading it now, report around christmas...

SE X10mini

thx for the effort!
    Skar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom