kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [Android] Android remote

Hi Erik and everyone,

that was only a half solution. It broke something on another place. Well I fixed it again and hopefully it works now for everybody.
Also what's new ?

- add support for hug databases (music). The list will return 1000 entries at max, there buttons to go +/- 1000 results
- more skins. Yes! I prepared different skins now. If somebody want to add a skin write me a PM. (about 60 small gfx)
- try to fix special characters like öäü... again..
- playing files locally with special characters work now
- saving to SD card display message and MediaScanner works now

There is one Android bug arround. The letter for the fastscoll is now in the upper left corner. I need to find a workarround for that.

Grab the files from the first post.

kroko

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country
    Hi kroko
    While you are on the "special characters" subject.
    I would just like to ask you, if the following characters would work?:

ð-Ð | ó-Ó | á-Á | í-Í | ø-Ø | æ-Æ | ú-Ú | ý-Ý | å-Å

I'm not using your great looking program just yet. But when my hardware upgrade/re-install is finished. I would like to try it out :)

Thank you(and oddfella/rolls1400/BLiTZKRiEG) for this great program and your time :D

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

uggabugga

yes, its a problem of UTF encoding and XML encoding and HTTP request. I did it now in a quite dirty way. I maybe need to do more work on it but at least on my side ÄÖÜäüö work. It should for your characters too. If not let me know where it doesnt work.

kroko

unitygain

Portal Member
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi just installed this on my MP but when mediaportal loads window says program has stopped running anyone else having this issue? Using Windows 7 and MP 1.2 do i need any additional software installed such as vlc ?

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

again...

it is working on my test system without any problems even on 1.2.
    Best would be start the MP in debug mode and select "Report a bug to a Developer.."

Then try again. After closing the MP post the log file here (should be on the desktop)

kroko

VLC is needed for streaming video but should not hurt.
    kroko

d3vkit

Portal Member
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just wanted to drop in and say that I did as suggested and removed the forwarding of the port from the router, but that didn't solve the problem - but I updated to the newest version released and that does work great! Thanks so much for the hard work!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

VLC is needed for streaming video but should not hurt.

I've tried some MediaPlayers for Android and so far the first mplayer binaries are pretty versatile playing various files the inbuild player or rockplayer wouldn't support.

niblet

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just installed this and using on my Wildfire, will try my wife's Galaxy S later. It looks great so far!

Ii see there is a plugins button, do you think you will be able to get any functionality with Moving Pictures and TV Series?

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dropped the .apk on my htc desire, installed the mpe1 and vlc on the mediacenter. Et voila, working nicely. Even streaming of HD MKV is handled correctly.

Well done !

elektrobob

Portal Member
    September 27, 2010
    Hi,

This plug-in is starting to look really nice!
    it's exactly what I've been looking for!

However, I noticed something which are very important for me and isn't working.

I have a lot of Hebrew music, my android phone (Desire HD) has all the hebrew fonts and other apps do work,
    however the remote app only shows questionmarks with the hebrew music. Because of this I cannot open the different music files.
    I hope you'll be willing and able to fix this.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom