[Android] Android remote (1 Viewer)

jeng

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Luxembourg Luxembourg
Re: AW: [Android] Android remote

Hi jeng,

it is working on my test system without any problems even on 1.2.
Best would be start the MP in debug mode and select "Report a bug to a Developer.."

Then try again. After closing the MP post the log file here (should be on the desktop)

kroko

Hi kroko,
I got it working now! But i have one more question.
Would it be possible to use dynamic dns names in future?
I configured the plugin to use xxx.dyndns.org and the apk also, but it dosen't work.

:D

jm_wsb

Portal Member
April 14, 2009
Re: [Android] Android remote install fails on android

Hello,

I'm a havy MP user for some years and bought a tables pc this week.

Of course your plugin seems awsome.
But when I try to install this on my android 2.2 (archos 101 tablet) it says it can't open the file.
I've downloaded MediaPortalRemote.zip to an usb card, then renamed it to MediaPortalRemote.apk.
Plugged in the usb to tables pc, Try to open it, but i always gave the error (translation from dutch) 'problem occured during parsing of the package'.

Can anyone help me with this errormessage ?

Thanks in advance,
Jeroen

el_gato

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: [Android] Android remote

Don't rename it, just unzip the included .apk file using 7zip or another tool of your choice...

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi everybody,

controlling the EPG or sceduling records was not my first goal. I just want to have somthing so I dont need to switch on my tv to hear my MP3s or show pictures to my mother in law. ;) Also my X10 remote is a little bit slow, this is much faster. The remote right now is in a good stage. I need do some small changes and add support for playlist.

I was working on plugins for weather, webradio and onlinevideo. But this will be a later stage.

Please take also a look also on this projects:

aMPdroid
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...id-ampdroid-android-mediaportal-client-92111/
iPiMP
iPiMP - MediaPortal Forum

They are doing more what you proberly want. In fact I can not see big advantage to control my series or moving pictues from the remote. My eyes getting worse (sorry) so i would switch on my tv anyway in this case, the fonts bigger there....

Just let you know.
kroko

Fumes

Portal Member
December 9, 2010
Gotland
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hello!

This looks really promising. But unfortunately I can't get it to work. It starts up normaly but I get a "No data recieved" message.
If I use my browser on the android (Desire, Froyo) using 192.168.1.10:8200/info.xml I get a "0.2.0.0CINE" message.
So it looks like the webserver is up and I can access it.
Any ideas?

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
90% of the time I get no data. Sometimes it works but mostly not. Using HTC desire with android 2.2. MePo 1.1.2

westd001

October 23, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This is a great app Kroko !!!
I tried it this weekend, installed the plugin and configured the IP adress 192.168.2.5, the server is running, I did some checks with my browser, all OK, but I can't find any option on my Samsung Appollo to change the settings. I can't find the "settings" screen just like the screen image Kroko displayed in his first post. I tried everything but the remote app still says "no data received".

Does anybody has the same experience on a Appollo or do I something wrong ?

Thanks, JJ

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi

just in the main screen press "Menu" to access the settings..
kroko

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom