[Android] Android remote (1 Viewer)

simulant

Portal Member
October 7, 2006
Hi,

I am very excited about this pluging. It it exactly what I was looking for! Well done!!!

However, I am having difficulties to get it working. This is what I done:
1. Installed app in MP.
2. Installed app in android
3. in MP config, I have enabled the plugin and inserted the PC IP in the config settings (192.168.1.15)
4. in android side, IP settings, I have entered the same ip.

however, I dont seem to get to MP from the android. Any idea of what I am doing wrong>

Thanks

192.168.1.15 is a private address so be aware that this is only going to work for you if your android is connected to your home network via wifi. It won't work over internet/3g/4g. Pardon me if you already know this.

If you are on your home network, disable, at least temporarily, any firewall you may have on your PC.

So I have been working on the remote a little here and there. Rather than deciding what to work on next I was wondering what features you guys want the most? Possibly enhancements to existing code or new features?

Let me know..:D

I humbly request an improved remote layout. More like a MCE remote.

leo3c

May 31, 2011
I really like the plugin. Great work! :D
Is it possible to transcode ALAC files using VLC? (or any other alternative).
Android can't play ALAC and I don't think there is a way to replace the default media player to andLess or other capable player.

aasmund Nordal

Portal Pro
June 20, 2005
Norway
Home Country
Norway Norway
Nice app :D. One feature request: Be able to switch playing locally to pc and the other way around without having to start the video or song from the beginning.
I don't find that important,,but it would be cool.

BertTRP

Portal Member
June 11, 2010
Home Country
Italy Italy
Is there still work done on this plug-in? I'd seen no more updates for quite some time, disregarding the various requests, as there seems to be a more recent version developed which hasn't been published here.

And then... no more news or status updates...

Is this still alive?

I love this plug-in and use it a lot already... but it would be nice to see it grow further.

Please let us know.

Thundercats

Portal Pro
April 28, 2009
The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
BertTRP:
Kroko has very little time lately to work on his remote. This does not mean that the devellopping is dead (more in a cryo-stage :) ), but he assured me, as soon as he's found some spare time, he will pick it up.

torbjorns

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for this great app!
    I installed it on my HTC Desire Z(model with rl keyboard). The app works nice and no problems to install it, following the guides. How ever I have some Q;s and Req;s

1. I have trouble to make the wake on lan working. Its not the app but an error somewhere in the router-nic-bios chain. Anyone up for doing a guide is much appreciated :)

2. Is the app going to work by 3/4 G net, and not only on the same network ? (I use dyndns with success)

3. How about a TV-guide (epg) with recording capability?

Again, thanks for alle the work and effort put into this app.

Pletskop

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    - dynamic ip possible (tested on xp, make sure add port to firewall settings)
    - playlist support (not 100% yet)
    - skin support prepared (as soon I receive the gfx it will work)
    - add a main screen (layout )for tabs, maybe someone can give a feedback

What's next ?
    - better keyboard
    - some skins

Hi Kroko,

Any plans to bring out a MP1.2.0beta compatible version of this plug-in?

Regards,

Peter

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] Android remote

Hi kroko,
    can you tell us if there will be an update of your plugin for Beta 1.2 RC in the near future.
    I would like have the feature to open one of my playlists on my htpc and jump between the the playlist songs by using my tablet. aMPDroid does not have this feature so I hope you update your plugin.

PPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!

olli14

Thundercats

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have spoken (eeeh well, had mail-conversation) to Kroko about the continuity of his remote app.

Due to shortage of time and a big deal of frustration -having to change all code over and over again 'coz. of (too big) changes in every MP-version - he has put most of his apps "in the Fridge" (deeply frozen, so to speak).

Donno when or if he will pick-up the work again, but for now, don;t expect any updates or changes.

kroko: donno if you still keep track of all "your" threads, but i hope u won't mind me putting above statement on the forum. I thought it would be at least fair to all the waiting and hoping users here... :)

Thanks for your great works and inspiration so far.

For now I have switched to using Diebagger's aMPdroid remote. An App with great features and it works (allmost) flawless. Helping him (as i did also for Kroko) with some graphics for the remotecontrol section.

C U all L8R!!!

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Garrrrhh! I just installed 1.2.0, and subsequently tried and failed miserably to get AMPDroid working. I was hoping this would work as it seems to be a considerably simpler design... but no 1.2.0 compatability, and not much hope of getting there... Maybe I'll just use iPimp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom