[Android] Android remote (2 Viewers)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So I have been working on the remote a little here and there. Rather than deciding what to work on next I was wondering what features you guys want the most? Possibly enhancements to existing code or new features?

Let me know..:D

Hi rolls,

are your changes already in svn? Would love to try them out...

:D

rolls1400

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yes but I still need to work out a few issues (force close on movie details page when rotating) I just pushed them to svn. Youll have to build the dll and apk.

Anyways I only have an original droid to program against so hopefully it works out for you. Let me know as its a WIP and still has some bugs.

k_p_abbott

Portal Member
    January 20, 2009
    Hi, i installed this tonight, but had a problem streaming video locally - regardless of the file type (tried loads) it said cannot play.

Then, even worse it stopped working altogether. The android app returns 'no data retrieved' and i cannot get onto the web service page using the URL. I've tried uninstalling the server mpei and re-installing, but with no luck! Any ideas?

BertTRP

Portal Member
    June 11, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Yes but I still need to work out a few issues (force close on movie details page when rotating) I just pushed them to svn. Youll have to build the dll and apk.

Anyways I only have an original droid to program against so hopefully it works out for you. Let me know as its a WIP and still has some bugs.

What about publishing the new version officially so that also those among us who are not into "building from SVN's" can play with it and provide feedback and suggestions?

There has been a lot going on since the last release, but no official release of a next version yet.

Thank you in advance.

olli14

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Android] Android remote

When there are changes in the Android remote software I would like to test them.
    So please set a link for download of the new apk file and the dll file.
    The last "release" of Android remote is nearly 3 months ago.

:D
    olli14

dende

April 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

G'day everone,

I tried to use MP remote with my htc desire, the app starts and it shows me the starting screen. I can configure the IP of my PC and so on. But as far as I click on the remote button within the app (the cross with the 4 arrows) the app crashs. I've configured the MP with the android remote plugin etc. In addition I'm not sure if there's a connection between my desire and my pc via wifi.

It would be great if someone can help me with that problem.

Thanks in advance!
    Dende

hi folks - fixed it by myself ;)

rolls1400

Portal Pro
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: [Android] Android remote

Can you post the fix just in case anyone has the same problem?

dende

April 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sure.

I saw that MP did not install the android remote plugin correctly (it was not shown in the MP extension installer, in the tap "installed extensions"). I installed it again and configured my firewall correctly (I thought MP would configure it automatically). Well, after that I installed the App on my htc desire again and entered the IP of my machine.

After that workaround it works!

Best regards
    Dende

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom