Animation slowing down in time (1 Viewer)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
jonaskp, zeflash and myself have a DigitalEverywhere DVB Card what about you ?

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Well, I do but its in my server where I don't have MediaPortal, just TVserver. So that is not causing the problem, atleast not on my system.

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Ok so it has probably nothing to do with our problem (and I can't think on how it could affect GUI performance anyway...)

zeflash

Portal Pro
July 7, 2005
Home Country
France France
I noticed that when MP doesn't have the focus anymore, the animation are way jerkier that when it has. Could it just be a timer problem?
Can some developer point me where is the main timer loop so that I can add some logging, to see if the timing stays consistent throughout time?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I noticed that when MP doesn't have the focus anymore, the animation are way jerkier that when it has. Could it just be a timer problem?
    Can some developer point me where is the main timer loop so that I can add some logging, to see if the timing stays consistent throughout time?

When MP loses focus it will render much slower fps. This is done on purpose.

Main rendering loop is either in Mediaportal.cs or d3dapp.cs (sorry, cannot remember the correct one :))

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    so after one week of uptime and the mirror driver from radmin disabled I'm back to the same problem.... MP GUI is slow :( I will try to find some more tests to do.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    I'm not sure, but it seems to me that if I don't play any videos it doesn't slow down. After a playback though, it gets slower.
    I had just rebooted the PC in the morning, and in the evening the scrolling RSS (I use the StreamedMP skin) it was still perfect - 50hz, matching the 50hz of the TV, no hickups at all.
    Then I played some videos, and the after that the animation wasn't perfect anymore. Restarting MP didn't fix it.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Interesting point I will try to reproduce that behaviour. Thanks

safrax

March 16, 2007
    I experience similiar behavior on my media portal box. C2D @ 1.8GHz, Win2k3 Server 32bit, Radeon x1600 or something like that. After a few days the UI slows down to the point where I have to reboot. Doesn't matter if I close MP when I'm done with it for the night or leave it open. The only way to solve the problem is to reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom