Animation slowing down in time (2 Viewers)

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Good to have another user having the same problem. Welcome on board, hope we can get some attention :)

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm seeing this symptom also. I don't sleep or hibernate the system, which is configured as single seat. The GUI animation becomes more and more jumpy as if it is getting harder and harder for it to render each screen in the animation. Restarting MP does not help and no other application seems to be struggling or showing load. Any chance the graphics card is failing to release resources as I'm using nVidia also.

I thought for a while it was related to excessive memory usage I'm seeing in the TV Service (running for week or so it uses over 900MB of ram) but restarting that does not help.

tangmonster

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    cape town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    ME TOO!!!

I have been having this issue for a while now , even with RC installs.

I have NO tv card in my media centre pc.

Only a 2.6Ghz socket 478 celeron with 512mb ram and an ati 9600 with 256mb ram.

I use s3 sleep mode daily. after a windows restart everything is very smooth. but after a few days ( i havent restarted that pc in the last month) things get REALLY choppy with the gui.

tom78

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The same problem here, but atm i'm testing if it's an issue with the graphics card dirver. (Nvidia)
    I replaced my 8500GT with an ATI HD4350 and it seems to be better, but my system is now only 2 days "on".
    I'll have an eye on it the next few days/weeks and report here.

tangmonster

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    cape town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Sweet.

I will try this tonight. I had to restart my pc this weekend again.

Since my graphics card has 256mb of ram i am wondering if this is my problem , but i will report back as soon as i have a responce.

I too could not care less about start up times. My media pc runs mediaportal 24/7 so i will gladly have a longer startup time if it makes normal running any better.

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    What I'd like to know is if that bug affects every single user, or only some with specific hardware and/or software configurations?
    Who can tell (with honesty!) that it has its MP running 24/7 for weeks with the animations not slowing down eventually?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    What I'd like to know is if that bug affects every single user, or only some with specific hardware and/or software configurations?
    Who can tell (with honesty!) that it has its MP running 24/7 for weeks with the animations not slowing down eventually?

I have been running MP for years, approx two weeks between restarts (just a guess, sometimes it might be much lnnger). Haven't seen the issue.

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    tourettes would you mind posting your setup with a maximum of details ?

zeflash

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2005
    Home Country
    France France
    Kind of a hunch here...
    Who of those experiencing the issue is using the TVSeries plugin at all?
    Tourettes, are you using it?

I've did some tests this afternoon after a reboot - starting a movie from movingpicture or myvideo doesn't seem to adversely affect the framerate of the animations, but starting a show from TVSeries seems to do something wrong.
    I'll try to compare how all the plugins are starting a video. I didn't do the video playback code in TVSeries - not pointing fingers toward anyone, it's just that I have no idea what could be different and/or badly done in TVSeries to trigger this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom