[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (1 Viewer)

bvisser

Portal Member
March 8, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Do I need a multi-seat installation of MP for this? I'm using RC2 and I can't connect at all. the DB settings are right, but I get an error stating to check the configuraiton when I try to connect. I don't even see an option for a multi seat instllation in the installer anymore, just a dedicated server which says it doesnt install the client.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Do I need a multi-seat installation of MP for this? I'm using RC2 and I can't connect at all. the DB settings are right, but I get an error stating to check the configuraiton when I try to connect. I don't even see an option for a multi seat instllation in the installer anymore, just a dedicated server which says it doesnt install the client.

Are you using the most recent 1.3.1 ... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mp-tv-client-262/always-most-recent-binary-download-36229/

also try to use VLC .90

Index of /build/win32/latest

This set up works for me.

As to MP if you single seat , you can connect more clients to that single seat server. Ensure you have the ports open in your router.

PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall

Hope this helps.

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I seem to have a problem with MPTV 1.3.1 and the latest svn.
I can connect and it will display all the epg data and when I want to select a channel it will open up vlc 8.6 and play fine the problem starts when I want to change channel. When I do vlc will close and reopen and when it does it will start to play from the beginning of the very first channel I watched. While the TVserver will have changed channel and its time shifting.
Also if I close vlc or MPTV the TVserver does not seem to notice and keeps on time shifting.

I have had a look over previous pages here but I didn't see anything similar. Anyone else had any similar problems or provide any help.

Thanks

Peter
:confused:

Having the same issue - how do you stop timeshifting on the server?
Also it always starts from the beginning of the buffer - and not at the current time...
Anyone a clue?

Thanks.

bvisser

Portal Member
March 8, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Are you using the most recent 1.3.1
Yes, downloaded last night 1.3.1

I dont' have VLC even setup with the program yet - I'm just trying to actually connect to TVServer before I start playing with VLC.

No firewall on the machine. Networking isn't an issue here. Everything else works fine over the network. Do I need to have VLC setup and running to connect?

- Brandon

pigboy306

Portal Pro
July 16, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a fail on the third item but still watch ok, yes you do need VLC to view TV. In the settings of MPtv client you have to tell it where VLC is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom