Any way to change refresh rate to 1080i25? (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yep ;) so I can reproduce your issue, I didn't test with 50hz, my dev monitor accept only 60hz, still I can solve it when setting like my previous screenshot (yadif).

Well, nice to have some validation at least :)

Unfortunately YADIF does not resolve it for me :(

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Well, nice to have some validation at least :)

Unfortunately YADIF does not resolve it for me :(

I notice that both Seb and yourself are using nVidia cards, so we might have an nVidia hardware decoder or deinterlacing bug here...

I've just tried playing the file via the nVidia NVS5200M GPU in my laptop and it looks fine (I'm using driver version 353.82 - because it's a hybrid Intel+nVidia graphics system I'm restricted to certain driver versions).

Have you tried selecting 'CUVID' in LAV Video Decoder settings and then enabling 'Adaptive HW Deinterlacing' (see picture)?

LAV_CUVID.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I notice that both Seb and yourself are using nVidia cards, so we might have an nVidia hardware decoder or deinterlacing bug here...

I've just tried playing the file via the nVidia NVS5200M GPU in my laptop and it looks fine (I'm using driver version 353.82 - because it's a hybrid Intel+nVidia graphics system I'm restricted to certain driver versions).

Have you tried selecting 'CUVID' in LAV Video Decoder settings and then enabling 'Adaptive HW Deinterlacing' (see picture)?

View attachment 184383

There is a negative side to using CUVID on modern Nvidia GPUs, it does not support hardware accel./decoding capability of the GPU when playing UHD content. Most recommendations I have seen for Nvidia GTX 10 series GPUs is to use Copyback with LAV which does support UHD hardware accel. but I guess if it works?:unsure:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Like MM, my system can play Lisa's tickertape test file smoothly at 1080p @ 50Hz (de-interlace set to "Auto"). :)

However, I was curious to see if the CUVID solution would play my judder test file smoothly. Sadly, it does not. :( My judder test file defeats the CUVID solution (MP 1.12; Nvidia 341.44; de-interlace=Auto).

The only solution for my judder test file is de-interlace set to "Force" (although I wonder what effect that has on those broadcasts that are truly 1080p :confused:).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes, interesting input @joecrow and @CyberSimian. Thanks.

I am happy to have found a workaround for now, but ultimately it doesn't feel like a completely satisfactory solution. Firstly, because it doesn't seem to work for all, I guess it must be hardware dependent, and secondly, we are having to change a global setting that will affect playback of all files, just to fix a problem with one particular file.

I think I prefer the approach taken by Plex Media Player, which is to change the PC output to as closely as possible match the file type being played,

Does MediaPortal 1 take feature requests?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    One thing you can try :)
    It's the madVR branch and turn off internal refresh rate and turn on the madVR one by setting like this : (it should works, maybe you need to let only for testing 1080i25)

upload_2016-12-4_15-13-30.png

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    A-ha, that looks like it will work, thank you!

I don't really want to go down the MadVR route just now, I have just done a clean install of Windows 10 on that HTPC and I am trying to keep things minimal and uncomplicated. The Nvidia CUVID workaround should be okay for me for now, I am mainly using MediaPortal as a PVR, alongside Plex. But if my needs change, I will certainly look at this option. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom