Any way to get TV Logos to MP2 TV Server using Kodi plugin? (1 Viewer)

slikvik

Portal Pro
May 8, 2006
Hi,
I've only got the TV Server installed (MP2) and can't see anywhere to put the TV logos so they're picked up by the Kodi plugin and passed to the Kodi clients.

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
They're stored in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Logos\Tv-Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-max" (wiki) or a folder can be chosen in Kodi.

slikvik

Portal Pro
May 8, 2006
Thanks Jasmeet. I don't have that Logos folder within ""C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\" am I supposed to just create it myself or should it have been created as part of the install or a plugin install?

Reading on that link it appears the logos are all plugin based, but it's not pre-installed from what I can see and I can't add it as the Server only install doesn't give me the option to install plugins (only TV server plugins).

slikvik

Portal Pro
May 8, 2006
I'm really sorry but I need help here. I'm not IT illiterate :) (I'm a C# developer of 15 years!)

All I have is the Server only install which gives me this app:

lqj6wKa.png

Everything has been setup and TV is working fine through to Kodi. I can't see anything in this app regarding channel logos and I don't have the folder for logos mentioned above.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not IT illiterate
    I was not assuming you were.

All I have is the Server only install which gives me this app:
    This is the correct version. However, if you don't see channel logos, it is a problem of the Kodi plugin, which maybe looks for logos in the wrong path.

@ge2301 , would you be so kind and confirm the correct path information for channel logos in MP 2.1?

@slikvik , given that you are a C# developer, could we maybe catch your interest to become a developer for some parts of MediaPortal 2. There are some open tasks at the backend / server side and we would welcome any help that we can get.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    However, if you don't see channel logos, it is a problem of the Kodi plugin, which maybe looks for logos in the wrong path.
    You could also check this by installing the MP2 client and taking a look in the TV section if logos are displayed in the guide.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

slikvik

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2006
    @HTPCSourcer Haha, yeah, I wasn't accusing you, more convincing myself that I'm not missing anything stupid here! Reading through the thread on the LogoManager being integrated into MP2-TVServer it does appear that there is nothing regarding logos in the GUI at all so I'm really interested to see what triggers the downloading and to where. I have a horrible suspicion that for this to work you do indeed still need MP client to be installed.

Regarding development. I'd love to but I'm afraid my evening development days are mostly long past. Between my job as a development manager and the three kids at home, my spare time is few and far between at the moment. When I do get some time, it's spent working on a few other development projects. If anything happens to change that, I'll certainly get involved. I've used MP for years and only recently begrudgingly switched to Kodi clients so I'd like to give something back to the community.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a horrible suspicion that for this to work you do indeed still need MP client to be installed.
    Quite possible. Things were not developed with other clients in mind and therefore the current logic of only starting logo downloads when required by the MP2 client is not complete nonsense.

I imagine that changing the behavior to download/update logos independently of the connected client would not require major code rework. As this is matching you personal needs, wouldn't this be a small task to work on for you?

Users who are viewing this thread