Any way to get TV Logos to MP2 TV Server using Kodi plugin?

Discussion in 'TV-Server Plugins' started by slikvik, January 26, 2017.

1. slikvik

slikvik Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi,
    I've only got the TV Server installed (MP2) and can't see anywhere to put the TV logos so they're picked up by the Kodi plugin and passed to the Kodi clients.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jasmeet_181

Jasmeet_181 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +283 / 0
    Home Country:
    England England
    They're stored in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Logos\Tv-Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-max" (wiki) or a folder can be chosen in Kodi.

4. slikvik

slikvik Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks Jasmeet. I don't have that Logos folder within ""C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\" am I supposed to just create it myself or should it have been created as part of the install or a plugin install?

Reading on that link it appears the logos are all plugin based, but it's not pre-installed from what I can see and I can't add it as the Server only install doesn't give me the option to install plugins (only TV server plugins).

5. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

HTPCSourcer MP2 Product Manager

Ratings:
    +2,384 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    TV Logos are loaded automatically once you've configured the TV part and have channels available.

6. slikvik

slikvik Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I'm really sorry but I need help here. I'm not IT illiterate :) (I'm a C# developer of 15 years!)

All I have is the Server only install which gives me this app:

[​IMG]

Everything has been setup and TV is working fine through to Kodi. I can't see anything in this app regarding channel logos and I don't have the folder for logos mentioned above.

7. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,384 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I was not assuming you were.

This is the correct version. However, if you don't see channel logos, it is a problem of the Kodi plugin, which maybe looks for logos in the wrong path.

@ge2301 , would you be so kind and confirm the correct path information for channel logos in MP 2.1?

@slikvik , given that you are a C# developer, could we maybe catch your interest to become a developer for some parts of MediaPortal 2. There are some open tasks at the backend / server side and we would welcome any help that we can get.

8. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,384 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    You could also check this by installing the MP2 client and taking a look in the TV section if logos are displayed in the guide.

9. ge2301
    • Team MediaPortal

ge2301 MP2 Design

Automotive Industry
    Ratings:
    +2,314 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
  10. slikvik

slikvik Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    @HTPCSourcer Haha, yeah, I wasn't accusing you, more convincing myself that I'm not missing anything stupid here! Reading through the thread on the LogoManager being integrated into MP2-TVServer it does appear that there is nothing regarding logos in the GUI at all so I'm really interested to see what triggers the downloading and to where. I have a horrible suspicion that for this to work you do indeed still need MP client to be installed.

Regarding development. I'd love to but I'm afraid my evening development days are mostly long past. Between my job as a development manager and the three kids at home, my spare time is few and far between at the moment. When I do get some time, it's spent working on a few other development projects. If anything happens to change that, I'll certainly get involved. I've used MP for years and only recently begrudgingly switched to Kodi clients so I'd like to give something back to the community.

11. HTPCSourcer
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

Ratings:
    +2,384 / 21
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Quite possible. Things were not developed with other clients in mind and therefore the current logic of only starting logo downloads when required by the MP2 client is not complete nonsense.

I imagine that changing the behavior to download/update logos independently of the connected client would not require major code rework. As this is matching you personal needs, wouldn't this be a small task to work on for you?

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!