Any way to get TV Logos to MP2 TV Server using Kodi plugin? (1 Viewer)

slikvik

Portal Pro
May 8, 2006
The path is correct: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Logos\Tv-Modern-StreamedMP 16x9-max
The logos are downloaded once the TV-Client is started. In case the folder is not created, we need the logs, because there seems to be a problem.

Yeah, I'm guessing that the Kodi plugin by Margro isn't triggering the download like the MP2 client will. I'll take a quick look. If this is an API call that MP2 Client uses (who would know this without digging through code?) then I could at least test it with a small independent app that makes the same call and see what happens. If that works then I suppose we could decide on whether @margro just needs to add it to the Kodi plugin or TVE3.5 is modified to download logos regardless of client access?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Btw, the best way would be to just download the TV logos from the MP2 fanart service, it is the one who processes the logos and distributes them. I can check for url details later, if required

slikvik

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2006
    Btw, the best way would be to just download the TV logos from the MP2 fanart service, it is the one who processes the logos and distributes them. I can check for url details later, if required

So you think that manually downloading them from the web service and putting them into a manually created folder path ..\MP2-Server\Logos.. etc should be enough for the TV server to then accept that everything is fine?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    that manually downloading them from the web service and putting them into a manually created folder path
    Not exactly what I meant. More in detail:
    1. There is a fanart service inside MP2-Server (unrelated to TVE3!), which handles fanart request for covers, banners and also TV logos.
    2. If a TV logo is requested, during first access the handler
      • downloads the raw logo from online-repository,
      • processes it (making it "nice"), and then
      • caches the final result in the local folder (..\MP2-Server\Logos)
    So you will find a logo, if it was at least once requested by the MP2 fanart infrastructure. If you are able to use an URL instead of local filename, you could directly access the MP2 FanartService and would not need to rely on cache-folder.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    http://server: port/FanartService?mediatype=ChannelTv&fanarttype=Banner&name=DUMMY&width=0&height=0

The only "problem" is, that the ports of the resource server are dynamically allocated at MP2-Service startup. They are logged in server.log like:

[2017-01-26 09:22:24,689] [2241 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ResourceServer: Started HTTP server (IPv4) on address 0.0.0.0 at port 49698
    [2017-01-26 09:22:24,690] [2242 ] [Main ] [INFO ] - ResourceServer: Started HTTP server (IPv6) on address :: at port 49699

Every MP2-plugin inside MP2-Server (and Client) is able to get this information from services.See the FanArtImageSource as example, it also needs to find the correct port. (The server part has other access ways, it can directly check service config)

Users who are viewing this thread