Anyone else having issues with MC2XML? (not a Mediaportal issue) (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    And the file is "mc2xml.exe"? I just re-downloaded it and I get the correct file. The only things I can recommend you check is to ensure you are on the 9/11/2022 archive page and that you are downloading the windows version - not mac or linux. (I don't think these are your problems but mistakes happen sometimes). I see your new message... I'll try to attach a zip of the file I use.

Attachments

• mc2xml.zip
      1.2 MB

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Gcarr--Thanks much. I was definitely download the right file, from the correct page. Mysterious. However, the file you shared worked fine, and I'm back in business. Thanks again. But do you know: Is this version also going to "expire" at some unknown point? N.

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Last edited:

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Glad it worked for you!
    It expired last year in October so I can only assume it's going to expire next October also. But it looks like the author of the program is keeping it updated so hopefully he'll take care of us next year too! :unsure:

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    It expired last year in October so I can only assume it's going to expire next October also. But it looks like the author of the program is keeping it updated so hopefully he'll take care of us next year too! :unsure:
    Thanks. Let's hope so. I may have to ask you to share again, though, if I have the same strange anomaly with the download.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The problem seems to have been caused by ShedulesDirect changing their rules. As from 1st Oct. a token is now required - but this seems to be required by the developer of the grabber rather than the user of the grabber.

So mc2xml stopped working on that date - it took a few days to notice that my guide just wasn't updating as it should.

A new version (1.7.2) has been created and I have downloaded from mc2xml and am now successfully downloading again.

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    A new version (1.7.2) has been created and I have downloaded from mc2xml and am now successfully downloading again.
    WJW--
    Are you able to share the file with me here? For some reason I haven't been able to fathom, the file from the site downloads for me as a Windows install, and it won't install and I can't extract the application from it. The version I have now is 1.7.0. Thanks, N.

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Attached is the zip file I have just downloaded. This is not a Windows install file but just a zipped version of the mc2xml executable.

I tried to just give you the executable I am now using but .exe files are not allowed as attachments here!

This should work with your existing .dat file "as is".

Attachments

• mc2xml.zip
      1.2 MB

Nordfinn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks much. This worked for me (don't know why it doesn't dowload properly from the site for me). Note however, that this comes up (under Properties) as version 1.7.0 (same as what I had), not 1.7.2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom