Anyone else having issues with MC2XML? (not a Mediaportal issue) (1 Viewer)

WedgeCan

Portal Member
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Country flag
@WedgeCan I still use it daily with schedules direct, maybe a provider issue?
Gcarr - I did not try it with Schedules Direct. I had been using it with TVGuide.com and that has stopped working. I tried it again with the version you linked (from the Internet Archive) and I get the same error with TVGuide.com. However, the Internet Archive version - despite showing the same File Version 1.7.0.0 as mine - works with Zap2It.com. My copy, which I grabbed on Dec. 25, 2020, does not work with Zap2It. I thought the Internet Archive version was the same so I never tried it. That's why I switched to Zap2XML.exe.

So, based on your success and my own today, I think we can say that anyone downloading your noted Internet Archive version of mc2xml.exe [i.e., from HERE] can grab North American guide data from (at least):
... but TVGuide.com no longer works. :(

- Tarrow, maybe your problems with Zap2It would be solved this way too (downloading the Internet Archive version)?

tarrow

Portal Member
March 14, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
WedgeCan, Gcarr,

I downloaded mc2xml.exe from the internet Archive link you provided and I now have Zap2It guide data again.
Thanks for the link!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Replies
Views
Ok, the importer also remembers the queue of items that are still needed to be processed in settings file. If there is something stuck, it will try again on next server start and probably stuck again. But removing the media source also removes the associated queue. The server's TV plugin automatically creates the media sources for...
Ok, the importer also remembers the queue of items that are still needed to be processed in settings file. If there is something...
Hi, I’ve been struggling with MP 2 now for several weeks. Initially all was fine. Then in the client, the listings of recorded TV...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 DLNA status? DE
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't know the current state of the plugin though. That's why MP2 probably never will be certified. ;) Yes, that was also the idea, but it is a big job as all TV's, software etc. seems to not do everything...
What I meant is that we have a MP2 plugin called UPnP Render that can play media from DLNA servers if I remember correctly. I don't...
So I'm wondering what the state of play is with MP2 and DLNA functionality? When I started this post, I did see some posts...
Replies
Views
I don't know how that option works 'under the hood' in MP, but another user had a recent problem related to Remote Desktop connections (Power Scheduler stopping the PC from sleeping due to an active RDP connection), so maybe something has changed in Windows 10 recently?
I don't know how that option works 'under the hood' in MP, but another user had a recent problem related to Remote Desktop...
Hi Guys, I've had MediaPortal running fine for many years, upgrading each version as and when it came out. I've had it start with...
Replies
Views
interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen it more rarely than OP... i'll try some more testing using DRR, i usually switch between 50Hz p, for 25fps (dvb-t FTA ) content to 23.976 Hz for 23.976fps content, then back to 50Hz...
interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen...
I fully realize that this is probably not the correct place, or a correct bugreport, but since a while (maybe a month?) I have some...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom