Anyone have MP working with ffdshow under Dscaler? (2 Viewers)

bradesp

December 4, 2005
Is anyone using ffdshow under Dscaler with MP? I've seen others doing this with "Got All Media" with remarkable results on SD material.

Thanks!

bradesp

e268

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
Toronto
Home Country
Canada Canada
I am using MP with its built in Descaler, and ffdshow. I had problems initially with viewing myTV, maybe caused by my corrupted system (too much overclock). After reinstalling xp, I ran the latest ffdshow with no problem at all for all dvd movies, xvid movies and myTV.

e268

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
Toronto
Home Country
Canada Canada
I apologize for the mis-information. ffdshow can play xvid ripped movies, but not dvd movies. I changed ffdshow back to 20040801a_preview version. It can play dvd movies with descaler, but it cannot play xvid. I'll do some more testing to see what version can do it all.

chili

Portal Pro
September 20, 2004
somewhere in the bowels of Texas
e268 said:
I apologize for the mis-information. ffdshow can play xvid ripped movies, but not dvd movies. I changed ffdshow back to 20040801a_preview version. It can play dvd movies with descaler, but it cannot play xvid. I'll do some more testing to see what version can do it all.

Actually, I wasn't trying to correct you. The version of ffdshow I am using will work with DVD, but not within Media Portal (using the internal player). I hope this gets fixed sometime in the future though :D

e268

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
Toronto
Home Country
Canada Canada
I looked into my version of ffdshow (20040801a_preview SSE2), it allows me to choose xvid1 decoder, whereas the newest version uses xvid decoder (likely newer than xvid1). That is probably why I cannot watch xivd movies with it. It is also likely that the mpeg2 codec in my version of ffdshow allow playing dvd movies. So, if someone can fix this, or show me the steps involved in changing codec's used by ffdshow, I will greatly appreciate it.

e268

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
Toronto
Home Country
Canada Canada
update : my ffdshow can play DVD's

Don't know what happened. I had to re-install win xp and sp2. Installed MP 0.2RC2, and now it can run DVD's with ffdshow (20051208 version,) but I cannot get Television to run ffdshow. I am using Cyberlink Video decoder for DVD's, and Dscaler for video files. Tried all my codec's on Television, but ffdshow does not work. It did work before I re-install, but dvd did not work before. Very strange indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread