aopen xcube ea65II and mediaportal please help me!!! (1 Viewer)

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
Try Beyond TV and Beyond Media (www.snapstream.com) it support timeshifting, recording, etc... works very smoth with sw based cards. MP is already in a very earlier stage of development... May be that next year it will be a 'ready for normal user' software... but until then, i recomend you to use Beyond TV...

friffu

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
thx very much for the suggest fido, but as i've already told before i don't want and i can't spend money for an other tv card for the reasons listed in my last post ....

BTW now i'll try to use MP until i'll find an other software that is right for me....

Dear Fido i'm web designer and i was thinking to design a cool and new graphic interface for the MP to gift it for free to all user as the phylosophy of the opensource wants....

but i seen that people here are interested only for the problem of the most part of the users who uses the most commercial tv card...

For this i can only wait if something here will move and during this situation i'll find a different solution for my aopen ea65II

........Thx anyway for your answers! :wink:

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
If you need help with skin design just tell me!! I'm graphic designer and programmer also, together we can do a skin for MP... The only thing that is bad in MP is the TV support... all the other features are wonderful.

Download the trial version of BeyondTV, you will see the difference, the TV goes smoothly, it has timeshifting and rewind of live tv... all in realtime and with a very low CPU usage, and using the same codecs than MP... But the bad news are that the interface is less customizable, it has less features and plugins, etc... Why there is not a media center software that has all features working?? :(

friffu

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
dear fido,
i think that windows media center edition 2005 is a complete and great working solution as medias center software but as i told you before microsoft has released a list with compatible tv card...

when i bought my aopn ea54II i known nothing about media center system and i tought to had made the right solution for what i was looking for for me...

When the pc is arrived at home i tryied to use intervideo home teatre and i seen it was not what i need....simulaneously i was installing a mce 2005 edition in an other pc watching the big positives differences between...

For this i'd like to install on my aopen the mce2005 but to make this i must change tv card, i have to lose my remote control and then i will not use the istan on feauture!!!

Trying MP i was just hoping to find the great solution for me but i have quicly lose my hope when i seen that tv card is not recognized, the remote doesen't work the vdf display same problem..but at least i can browse my BIG music and video collection in the way i like...for this i have installed 2 home theatre software.....intervideo to watch tv and listening radio and MP to hear music and watch video....(p.s.: if i remove intevideo from the machine, the remote doesen't work with MP, also if it work not properly right, because the remote driver are in bundle with the intervideo software)....

Well, a question.....but the tecnhology must make easy our life or not?:))

Mine not sure:)

Anyway i'm always available to work at that skin for MP if u want..as a mine (and your) contribute to the community of the opensource.....hoping that some programmer with the same spirit found a solution for the ours problems

Keep in touch

PeteG

Portal Member
April 22, 2006
Manchester, England
friffu I too have the Aopen cube, and I am in the process of building a second Media Portal PC in it. I am using an ATI 9250 based card (which is does work with MP) and a Compro DVB-T200 TV card.

The XC Cube comes with onboard graphics and a Leadtek TV tuner card - it is not the Leadtek winfast tv2000 expert though - it is something else and wont work with MP unless the correct drivers and filters can be built for it. The only thing that will work with this card is the supplied software that came with the XC Cube. and as you say it is not very good. Also the remote is integrated into the motherboard, so I don't think you will be able to use that either.

The best advise is to stick with the cube (cos it really looks cool) and use a MS TV Blaster and a Hauppauge or similar hardware TV card. You'll only add another 70 or 80 euros onto the total cost of your system, and it works really well.

friffu

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
hi Steven,

my tv card it was in bundle when i bought the ea65II.

then i have just added an Ati radeon 128 mg and a module of 1 gb of ram.

Now this is my configuratin obtained using a software called MediaPortalSupport.exe downloaded from this site

Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-18)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Celeron - 2.66GHz
Memory: 1,25gb ) value modified by me coz the mediaportalsupport.exe detect 2gb of ram)
Motherboard: - (not recognmized but i suppose an Asus)
TV Card Model: winfast TV2000 xp expert wdm crossbar for Aopen (Info added by me coz not recognized by the MP and by Mediaportalsupport.exe too)
TV Card Type: Leadtek (Info added by me coz not recognized by the MP and by Mediaportalsupport.exe too)
TV Card Driver: 5.13.1.3305 (Info added by me coz not recognized by the MP and by Mediaportalsupport.exe too)
Video Card Model: Radeon 9200 Pro Sec Family (microsoft Corporation) (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6462 (Info added by me coz not recognized by the MP and by Mediaportalsupport.exe too)
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: Realtek AC'97 Audio
Audio Card Driver: 5.10.0.5350 (Info added by me coz not recognized by the MP and by Mediaportalsupport.exe too)
Synopsis:: - (this field was empty and i don't know what mean )

And then i seen that in older version called "stable" (for who?) of mediaportal (Release 0.1.3.0 ) my Leadtek tv card is detected but i tried to install it but the software goes in crash.

Anyway in general i can pilote MP with the remote in bundle but the functions are all falses!!! The vdf panel obviuosly doesen't work and u already know about the tv card problems.

Thx a lot for answering me before.

friffu

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
SORRY PETE I WROTE STEVE.....i 've worked so hard today and i'm tired:))))))))

Sorry again for the mistake!

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
LOOOOooooL Maybe that some day this program will be a great program for all users, right now it's still in a very earlier stage of development... If you want something easy, try: Windows Media Center Edition, or Nero Home, or GBPVR (it's free and it works with our TV card, but no timeshift..)

Good luck!!

.:FiDo:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom