aopen xcube ea65II and mediaportal please help me!!! (1 Viewer)

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
I'm sorry but i don't know about this tv card, may be that other people here can help you more... currently i have a Winfast TV2000 XP Expert and a PixelView PlayTV Pro 2...

.:FiDo:.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fidoboy

LOOOOooooL Maybe that some day this program will be a great program for all users, right now it's still in a very earlier stage of development... If you want something easy, try: Windows Media Center Edition, or Nero Home, or GBPVR (it's free and it works with our TV card, but no timeshift..)

Sorry, but this REALLY is where software cards miss out.

This conversation can drag on forever, but at the end of the day, software cards WILL be obsolete.
    MS have not done there limited support for TVCards for nothing.

Please do not think I am unsympathetic to your views, again I state MP must by definition, always look forward, not backward.

8)

PeteG

Portal Member
    April 22, 2006
    Manchester, England
    friffu - do you have a URL to the support / spec page for this card. I must admi I've never heard of it, but it may be something that you can copy an existing entry for.

If the card is SB, and it has an analogue as well as digital it would be worth trying to get it working, as I think the cardwould have to have hardware encoding of it to get the analogue TV down a USB cable.

If you want a good recomendation for a supported card try the Hauppaugge HVR-1300 or the Compro DVB-T300 (though analogue is only software encoding).

If you need DVB-T and a composite or S-Video in there are a lot of supported DVB-T cards that have analogue in ports.

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    Paranoid Delusion

Yes, and some day computers are also obsoletes, and hard disk... and all technology someday will be obsolete. I was talking about the whole program. Right now, MP is not a program for all users, it's still in beta and there is a lot of problems for basic users, so if a basic user wants not to have many complications, i'will recommend to use other software. For me, MP is, with no doubt, the best HTPC software actually, in fact, i'm trying to help with some points to the community and developing skins, translation, etc... but i recognize that it's still hard to use for novice users... that's all

And about the sw cards, yes may be that these cards are not the best solution for recording, but they still are good for viewing TV (in fact there is A LOT of software that support this cards with timeshifting, recording etc). For users like me, that are using CRT TVs, is a complete waste of money to buy a high definition hardware based TV card... because my card works very well. As i have exposed in this forums many times, i think that Open Source means closer to the people, M$ has it's own politics, meanwhile projects like linux are not so exigent and allows many users to have many features with old PCs... if MP is a open source project, it should listen to the people request and it should have support for the most of hardware possible... GBPVR have a very nice solution, this software is for hardware based cards BUT they have a plugin to have compatability with sw based cards... and it works well... I only want to view and maybe sometimes (not so often) record tv, so why should i buy another card?? this works perfectly and the image quality is ok... don't be so slave of technology... are you working selling hardware based cards?? :wink:

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    It should work using the latest SVN, download it and try again, if you have any troubles, just tell me, may be that i can help you...

friffu

Portal Member
    May 4, 2006
    sorry fido but i have not understood exactly wha i have to do...can u explain me better if u like?

Thx in advance if you'll do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom