Apollo for Mediaportal 1 (5 Viewers)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Using those as the filters on the unwatched tile or same result just clicking movies tile and choosing e.g all movies ?
    Were you agreeing to this or the other comment ?
    TVSeries uses the category name as filter instead of id.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

Apologies for stupid questions from an Apollo rookie.

I am planning to eventually switch to MP2 and thereon use BV in combination with @ge2301 's Win 10 theme. Before doing this I wanted to prepare my family for this and use Apollo on the current MP1 installation. I have two points:
    • Language
      • Many tile entries are showing in English, despite language being set to German
      • Some German translations are incorrect. e.g. English "Volume" should be "Lautstärke", not "Volumen"
    • Plugin support for MyFIlms: Can't get this one to show. Does Apollo lack support for MyFIlms?
    P.S.: Windows Defender is still throwing a virus warning for ApolloSettingsBackup.exe and quarantines this file.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Tile labels are manually set in home quick settings so they can be watever you want, only plugin labels are translated.
    Translations are direct from mp string xml's so if they are wrong its a mp problem not skin, where are you seeing volume text ?
    Nope no support for myfilms so far as no one has requested it and i will need a database from a user that does.

There is already a thread about the windows defender false positive which is exactly what it is false, either add it to exclusions or remove it but if you remove it you wont be able to use it to backup skin settings for auto restore when there are updates.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tile labels are manually set in home quick settings so they can be watever you want
    Got it. Once you know, it's very straightforward.

Translations are direct from mp string xml's so if they are wrong its a mp problem not skin, where are you seeing volume text ?
    Here. But none of these text entries are contained in strings_de.xml under ProgramData\etc. Where are these MP settings translation stored?

14-48-58.jpg

no support for myfilms so far as no one has requested it and i will need a database from a user that does.
    Let me know if you would like me to PM you something and what exactly.

There is already a thread about the windows defender false positive
    I know. Just thought that Microsoft would have updated its definitions at some point.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Here. But none of these text entries are contained in strings_de.xml under ProgramData\etc. Where are these MP settings translation stored?
    <String id="101007">Volumen</String>
    That is it in strings_de.xml so if it's wrong it will need correcting and submitting to master.
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\strings_en.xml etc

I know. Just thought that Microsoft would have updated its definitions at some point.
    You can't rely on microsoft for anything and defender has always sucked unfortunately lol.:)

Let me know if you would like me to PM you something and what exactly.
    I will need a link to some sensible documentation on how to set it up as last time i looked it was far more complicated than it should be, i will also need a copy of your myfilms database so i have "fake" movies to work with.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will need a link to some sensible documentation on how to set it up as last time i looked it was far more complicated than it should be,
    Which probably has not changed. I like MyFIlms for some other properties. Thank you, but since I plan to change to MP2 anyway, there is no point to spend time on something that nobody has asked you to support.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Just out of curiosity - I am trying to change the 'Unwatched' parameter on the Movies tile to 'Latest' but where do I find a list of the available plugin parameters?
    Specifically the categoryid one for Moving Pictures latest I assume?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Just out of curiosity - I am trying to change the 'Unwatched' parameter on the Movies tile to 'Latest' but where do I find a list of the available plugin parameters?
    Specifically the categoryid one for Moving Pictures latest I assume?
    Read the posts about a page back and you will find your answer ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom