App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.6 (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

Hello.
    I'm using this great tool a while now without any problems. But yesterday I got a movie I can't handle with. It's a movie named "Aimée & Jaguar" I.ve recorded on "Arte HD" some days ago. For this the app didn't create the .nfo file. I've tried everything I can imagine, but nothing works. Then I create a .nfo manually by copying another file and edited it. This .nfo was not handled correct by xbmc-local scrapper (V1.0.5) of MovingPictures resulting in a mainly empty database entry. Also the syntax of this "handmade" .nfo is 100% correct. Only the imdbid was imported correctly. And last but not least this entry (after filling the gaps from imdb- source) was synced badly on follw.it also. See here

I think this could happened only due the special char "é" in the title of the movie. A char that isn't natively used in the German language my system is running with.
    Did someone know how to handle such movie names correctly within this "MediaPortal- MovingPictures- follw.it" environment?

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder

Been a while since I've been on, now that my daughter is a year old I'm starting to get caught up on some old projects...Anyway not sure if people are still using this app but I just updated the first post with a new version(0.5.5), two bug fixes and one new feature:

With version 0.5.5 you can run the app silently by adding the parameter "silent" (without quotes) after the executable(run normally the first time to setup your options).

I also verified compatibility with Moving Pics 1.1.5, and will try and verify 1.2.3(and MP 1.2) soon.

Post any bugs(I believe there is still a bug with ampersands, but don't have time to work on that right now, so let me know if it is still a problem) and suggestions(keep in mind I don't have a lot of time still) and I'll try and work on it more.

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Re: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.5

Anyone still having problems with ampersands? I tested it on my machine and couldn't replicate it.

Thanks

Terra

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.5

I just tested it on my installation and it works great!

However although I did not select the option to create *.NFO files in each directory a movie.nfo was created in each directory with the content "</movie>".

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I noticed that if you got movies seperated into two or more parts and you tell the app to create a .nfo named like the movie it creates one file for each part and not one for the movie itself.
    So instead of avatar.nfo for a movie with two video parts which are named "avatar part 1.mkv" and "avatar part 2.mkv" it will create "avatar part 1.nfo" and "avatar part 2.nfo". This is not intended to be like this, is it?

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Yes, I (still) have problems with the &. For two movies containing the & in the file name the .nfo file was not generated. Using version 0.5.5.

Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre and Percy Jackson & the Olympians I: The Lightning Thief

VdR

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country

However although I did not select the option to create *.NFO files in each directory a movie.nfo was created in each directory with the content "</movie>".
    I noticed that if you got movies seperated into two or more parts and you tell the app to create a .nfo named like the movie it creates one file for each part and not one for the movie itself.
    So instead of avatar.nfo for a movie with two video parts which are named "avatar part 1.mkv" and "avatar part 2.mkv" it will create "avatar part 1.nfo" and "avatar part 2.nfo". This is not intended to be like this, is it?

I'll work on both of these items for the next version.

Yes, I (still) have problems with the &. For two movies containing the & in the file name the .nfo file was not generated. Using version 0.5.5.

Astérix & Obélix: Mission Cléopâtre and Percy Jackson & the Olympians I: The Lightning Thief

VdR

A few questions to help me find the problem, do the images copy correctly? Are you using the movie title as the nfo name or movie.nfo?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi
    A few questions to help me find the problem, do the images copy correctly? Are you using the movie title as the nfo name or movie.nfo?
    Also I'm not the one who posted this I also had this issue. For Movies with & in file (and imdb) name the .nfo is not created correctly, no matter if I use filename.nfo or movie.nfo. As XBMC scrapper needs filname.nfo to work without issues I prefer this. But tried movie.nfo just for testing. Did not help. I had this issue with "Aimée & Jaguar" (tt0130444). The backdrop.jpg and folder.jpg are copied normal. Also the URL file is created as it should. Only the .nfo with all the Database information did not work.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

You should try to force ISO-8859-1 encoding on the filename string and decode it from any XML (& = &amp; ) or URLencoded ( & = %26) methods first, this will solve the problem for most users who name their files with (valid) common European special characters, such as: ä, ß, ç, é, ë, ï, ñ, ö, etc

jmcentire

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Re: AW: App to Copy Artwork and Details to Movie Folder v0.5.5

New version in first post (v0.5.6) which should fix the following bugs:

VdR

Please let me know if this fixed your problems.

As for this issue below, the only *easy* way for me to make this work would be to have it prepend the Movie Title instead of the video file's name...I'm not an xbmc user but I believe doing that would break that compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom