MP2 - V2.4.1 AppLauncher (5 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you can move the whole AppLauncher Plugin from Extras to Videos. Definitely possible in BlueVision. But I don't know enough about WMC skin to tell you if and how this can be done. Should be at least a bit less navigation. Adding workflow-id would be a good improvement for this plugin bud sadly no one is maintaining it recently...
    That's even easier possible in WMC skin with HomeEditor. You'll find a manual in Wiki, also how to do it via xml editing for BlueVision skin.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    That's even easier possible in WMC skin with HomeEditor. You'll find a manual in Wiki, also how to do it via xml editing for BlueVision skin.

I have had a look at the xml files and unfortunately this is WAY beyond my capabilities :( This is low priority and you are already looking into some of my other noobie questions, so I can put tis one on hold for now :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have had a look at the xml files and unfortunately this is WAY beyond my capabilities
    But you use WMC skin, there is no need to modify xml files. You can do it with the HomeMenuEditor from within Gui.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    But you use WMC skin, there is no need to modify xml files. You can do it with the HomeMenuEditor from within Gui.

I can add Applauncher to the Video group, but I can't see a way to add the actual action for the app I want to launch to the Video group.

I have created an action called "Watch BluRay" which launches WinDVD Pro using Applauncher. Now I want to be able to add this straight into the Video group so I have three options: "Movies", "Videos" and "Watch BluRay", but when I go to add the action using HomeMenuEditor, my new action does not appear in the list, only the action for AppLauncher itself.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can add Applauncher to the Video group, but I can't see a way to add the actual action for the app I want to launch to the Video group.

I have created an action called "Watch BluRay" which launches WinDVD Pro using Applauncher. Now I want to be able to add this straight into the Video group so I have three options: "Movies", "Videos" and "Watch BluRay", but when I go to add the action using HomeMenuEditor, my new action does not appear in the list, only the action for AppLauncher itself.
    Ok, but this is generally not possible also by xml editing. The actions need to have an ID and to be registered. This required changes in the plugin and currently we have no manpower for that. We can put it on the wishlist. Perhaps @aspik is willing to take a look after release of next version as a side task ;) @Brownard might also have a hint as he wrote the MenuEditor for WMC.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Ok, but this is generally not possible also by xml editing. The actions need to have an ID and to be registered. This required changes in the plugin and currently we have no manpower for that. We can put it on the wishlist. Perhaps @aspik is willing to take a look after release of next version as a side task ;) @Brownard might also have a hint as he wrote the MenuEditor for WMC.

That's OK. :) Its not high priority, just trying to make my new MP2 setup as much like my old WMC setup as I can but I realise that not everything will be possible and I am sure the developers have better things to work on. Its no hardship to launch WinDVD Pro from the start menu, after all! :)

Thanks again for your patience with my questions.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Such an option will be nice, also for netflix and amazon prime.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Such an option will be nice, also for netflix and amazon prime.
    With the new skin Nereus released in MP2.3 you have apps even sorted by favourits and last launch :)
    al.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom