Apple trailers downloader(v0.065) *bugfix release* (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks like a permission error, is the user adding the task the administrator(or member of the administrators group)?
    Because currently i add the task as the current user, this is more secure because you don't need to enter the username and password.

/edit: new version posted, you can now specify which user to run the task(if not checked then it's the current user)
    Also added a check for possible permission problems.

Kossan

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My only account on the machine is Administrator. The error only appears if i try to overwrite the old task.
    If i uncheck the overwrite button it tells me that the task already exists, but it doesn't run.

darick_c

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is exactly what I have been looking for. Do you have plans on making a MP plugin where you can view all the downloaded trailers and gives a description of them and list of actors? Kind of what you see if you visit the page on apple. Maybe even sort by genre, etc. Also, would you consider releasing the source code?

I am also interested in your other project for downloading tv series. First, how can I join newzbin.com? It says I need to be invited by a current member. Also, do you have onther thread on this project or have you not released it yet?

Thanks,
    Darick

poktor

Portal Member
    March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great work, finally something that works like it should... Streaming files is kinda problematic I suppose looking at My Trailers (and Movie Trailers)... I never get to playback these streams so this is a perfect solution! Thanks.
    Looking forward to the size limitation feature!
    Same here. The new MyTrailers-plugin looks good, but is not able to decently stream anything higher than " small". :mad:
    Bummer. So, this is the best solution there is a.t.m. Thanx! :D
    A GUI and decent cleanup would be nice in the future indeed, but for now i download everything in " My Movies", in a subdir called "- My Trailers -". The minus-sign at the beginning makes sure this folder is always on top in the listing. The minus-sign at the end is just cosmetic. :)
    Here's an idea for maintaining the trailers: in it's current form, the plugin downloads everything it can find. Right? You can keep track of this with a list of downloaded titles, which you compare with the Apple-site/rss-feed. If Apple removes a title from their site, then you can assume it's safe to remove it from harddisk also. This way, you're always 1:1 with the site and at the same time you have your maintenance set up in an easy way. :) FYI: Downloading the lot will take somewhere around 7GB.

jiggsaw

Portal Member
    July 21, 2008
    Is there any way you can add a feature to delete downloaded trailers at a specific date?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it's on your to-do list.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Should have the new version done next week :)

poktor: That's a great idea!
    The latests version(0.06) already keeps track of what is downloaded(local file in appdata), will add an option for different cleanup styles(1:1 as you suggested and x days to keep files)
    And probably add a proper gui, list of current trailers(name/quality/data downloaded) is one thing i want to add.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very busy with work :( , have had little time to code.
    Did notice a new bug with a "/" in the title, will release a quick fix for this today.

/edit: fix released

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom