ASIO Music Player Plugin (1 Viewer)

What functionality would you like to be added?

• VST plugin support

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • WinAmp DSP plugin support

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • BASS DSP support

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Last.fm support

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Visualizations

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do you need more than the changed scope of the songchanged-event? Which problems do you get in particular?
    The biggest problem is the fact that the player always seems to to be one song ahead of what the plugin tells me it's playing.
    This has puzzled me for quite awhile, but now i think it might be related to the fact that PureAudio starts webstreams in the background. So the actual connection to the track is made after the g_Player.Play() call has returned. This is the only significant difference with the internal BASS player.

Please, can you take a look at this issue also: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/audioscrobbler_last_fm_support_mediaportal-t9552p20.html (read the first three posts)
    Yep those are set to empty by PureAudio when no tag info is found in the stream. This issue is already solved (not yet released).

Symphy, Would you have any idea as to why I get audio only from the left channel when playing back podcasts? I experience the same thing only with low bitrate audio streams using the Shoutcast plugin.

If I play those same MP3 podcasts with any other audio player, they are in stereo (not left channel duplicated on the right side). My audio control panel indeed shows only 1 channel having signal with PureAudio and 2 channels with other players.

Your plugin works great with all my normal CD-ripped music. :confused:

That's probably because those streams are 1 channel (mono). PureAudio does not convert them to stereo, while other players probably do. Good thing you make me aware of that, i will modify that in next release.

Hi Symphy,

thanks for the plug-in. It has a strange effect on my system. When enabled, I can't play any MPEG with MP2 audio (ffdShow is set as audio codec). I get the following error in the log file.

2007-12-07 00:52:34.640625 [ERROR][9]: PureAudio: Cannot create stream from D:\Capture\Recorded TV\michail_final.mpg: BASS_ERROR_FILEFORM.

Disabling PureAudio solves the problem.

You can fix this by deleting the .mpg extension from the extension list (Plugin configuration -> General Settings -> Extensions).
    I'll redo the default extensionlist, mpg and mpeg should not be there in the first place.

I attach couple of screen shots of my ASIO and Pureaudio config screens in case that helps.

Thanx trevor, very clear info that may help many ppl!

andy_c

December 9, 2007
    Hi,

Symphy, thanks for the plugin! I just got started using MediaPortal this morning, so I"m quite a newbie at it. I use it only as a music player.

I am using the PureAudio plugin with an E-MU 0404 USB box, with S/PDIF out to an external DAC. I've got the min and max output channels configured as 3 and 4 (S/PDIF left and S/PDIF right respectively). I get excellent sound quality when playing back FLAC files. But when playing internet radio, I get no output from S/PDIF. As an experiment, I plugged in my headphones to the headphone jack of the 0404 and I do get sound in the headphones. So it looks like for some reason, internet radio is still getting mapped to channels 1 and 2 (left and right analog out respectively). I tried setting the minimum channel to 1 and the maximum channel to 4 in the plugin config, but this did not help.

On a different subject, my collection contains a few low bit rate mono MP3s. I saw an earlier post in this thread, where it was suggested that to play low bit rate files, the minimum sample rate should be set to 44100 to allow upsampling. I get sound when doing this, but only in the left channel. It would be a cool feature to allow the output of mono files to appear in both channels. Even so, Foobar and Winamp both choke on these low bit rate files, so it certainly looks promising.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just got started using MediaPortal this morning, so I"m quite a newbie at it.
    Welcome to the club!
    But when playing internet radio, I get no output from S/PDIF. As an experiment, I plugged in my headphones to the headphone jack of the 0404 and I do get sound in the headphones. So it looks like for some reason, internet radio is still getting mapped to channels 1 and 2 (left and right analog out respectively). I tried setting the minimum channel to 1 and the maximum channel to 4 in the plugin config, but this did not help.
    Most likely you play internet radio through the "My Radio" module. Unfortunately, that module bypasses player plugins and uses one of the the built-in players. If you want webstreams over the PureAudio plugin, you have to create .asx files for them and make them listed in "My Music" (in the "Shares" view).
    BTW There's also a shoutcast webradio plugin available, that one works fine with PureAudio.
    On a different subject, my collection contains a few low bit rate mono MP3s. I saw an earlier post in this thread, where it was suggested that to play low bit rate files, the minimum sample rate should be set to 44100 to allow upsampling. I get sound when doing this, but only in the left channel. It would be a cool feature to allow the output of mono files to appear in both channels. Even so, Foobar and Winamp both choke on these low bit rate files, so it certainly looks promising.
    The coming release will allow upmixing of mono sources to stereo or multichannel. The programming is already done, i'll probably release it coming week. It will also autodetect the minimum and maximum supported samplingrates of the ASIO device, so the manual settings will no longer be needed.

Symphy

andy_c

December 9, 2007
    Thanks Symphy! I did as you said and my internet radio is playing great now through S/PDIF.

The only other thing I had to do was go into the config util, and under Music, Music Extensions, add ".asx".

Finding MediaPortal has been really good for my setup. Foobar has a bug in its ASIO which causes it to lose the ASIO driver config for the E-MU 0404 USB (but not for other cards apparently). WinAmp does not have this bug, but takes over two hours to get the library info, due to using a network drive for the music library. OTOH, MediaPortal gets the library info fast even on a network drive, and retains the ASIO driver config and channel assignment just fine. Sound quality is just great!

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New version!

There's a new version available: View attachment 14257 with the following changes:

• Removed .mpeg, .mpg, .mov and .wmv from default extensionlist.
    • Mono sources are now upmixed to stereo.
    • Minimum and maximum supported ASIO samplingrates are now automatically detected. However they can still be configured manually to adjust to equipment connected through s/pdif.
    • Improved support for last.fm radio plugin. It's not perfect yet. You have to manually skip once after starting, after that it should work now.

As always, any remarks, questions and comments are welcome!

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I use pureaudio release of 14th december and ASIO4ALL 2.8 Latest Beta on windows Vista ultimate, when skipping to next song (DTS FLAC) I hear a 'white noise'(kkggggkkk) signal of aprox 1 sec. Also when stopping a song with the stop button on my remote, I can't get Mediaportal to play again in myMusic until I restart Mediaportal.
    Is there some way I can extract some loggings to see what's going on? I couldn't find any loggings for pureaudio.

Are these known bugs, or is it something with my configuration. What more information can I submit to get some support?

just found the loggings and attached them

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    when skipping to next song (DTS FLAC) I hear a 'white noise'(kkggggkkk) signal of aprox 1 sec.
    That is the "Fade-in on start, fade-out on stop" option breaking the DTS data. Nice feature for normal music, but not for DTS... The only way to solve that is to disable that option in the plugin configuration (General settings).
    I currently don't have a way to automatically check if a FLAC file is DTS or not.
    Also when stopping a song with the stop button on my remote, I can't get Mediaportal to play again in myMusic until I restart Mediaportal.
    Could you set the MP loglevel to "Debug" (MediaPortal setup: General) and create new logs? The ones you provided do not contain enough info.

Symphy

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The noise sound on skipping was indeed the fade-in fade out option. I just disabled it and now it's perfect.

For my second problem I have attached debug-level logs.

I first started to play a song, then skipped to the next one. After this I stopped mymusic and after I tried to play the song again (this failes). I tried three or four times to start playing again

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This appears to be an ASIO4ALL issue. After stopping the used ASIO channels are no longer available.

I have a somewhat similar issue with ASIO4ALL on my develop machine from time to time (onboard Sigmatel device). In my case it results in playing silence because the positions of the missing channels are taken by others. I your case it results in an error because there are no channels left at all at position 7 and 8...

I don't have a solution for this now. Maybe other ASIO4ALL users have experience with this issue?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom