ATI 10.11 Deinterlacing (1 Viewer)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does anyone know if the 5550 supports mosquito or deblocking? I'm kind of tempted by one of those...

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Hiya,

Jay I use the PDVD10 SP decoder for sd channels and the PDVD10 decoder for hd channels. I have also attached some files which fix rw/fw issues as I dont like using the skip lol I don't think these make any difference to the play back but worth a try. Your need to replace the files in your main mediaportal directory with the 3 included in the zip(but make sure you get a backup of them 1st incase you want to go back) The orignal core.dll might need the name changed to overwrite it unless you restart your pc 1st.

Rich

Attachments

• FF-RW Fix Files.zip
      1.2 MB

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi Rich,

I didn;t think PDVD SP was any good for live TV?

Do you know what release/SVN those files were built from?

Thanks,

J.

rich76

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Jay,
    The PDVD10 SP decoder and the other PDVD decoder both work fine on mine, using the decoders from saf 5.0 unlocked.

I cant remember which build they are from as I got them from a mixture of different threads but I can confirm they work fine on the 1.2A epg series link svn and rewinds and fast forwards works smoothly at all speeds. :)

Rich

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    Well I now have a HD5550 (it just fits in my case without having to take a wrench to those heatpipes!). It has both mosquito and deblocking filters enabled... Not sure yet if it is any better or not as I haven't used it much. It certainly seems to run pretty cool in my case. It also has the overclocking tab enabled (I'm using the Sapphire drivers), and the gpu seems to be less than 40% busy when playing both SD and HD content.

I've also now switched to 1.2.0A and the latest SAF5 (unlocked), along with the sky epg, and new audio-renderer. So lots of things to go wrong!

With regard to the codecs. I think that until recently the only codec that seemed to work with bbc hd channels was the Microsoft one (that's what I'm using). But I think I read over on the SAF thread that PDVD10 may now work as well. Will have to try as the MS codec has a nasty stutter for me a few seconds after you start or resume playback...

Will report back when I've had chance to actually watch TV for a while!

Andy

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi Andy,

Great news on it fitting. I know mine definately wont fit (card is due for delivery on Monday). :(

I am looking to see if I can be completely passive with my htpc (stupid quest I'm on for silence) - not sure if anyone has done it with an AMD triple core and ATI 5670 CPU.

Hole saw will be coming out soon :D

On the software side, it sounds like you are running the same setup as me - it works fine. I can confirm the new PDVD10 codecs (that are downloaded as part of SAF5 unlock) work fine with BBC HD/One HD. The MS DTV works fine for me too - you need to identify what is causing the stuttering with them.

J.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Jay,
    Just to clarify. The stutter I see is not constant. I get it if I jump forward (to skip ads or whatever). The program jumps ok then after playing for a few seconds there is a slight glitch in the playback, after that everything is fine... I only see this on HD content. I didn't get this when I was using an earlier version of PDVD, so I hope it will go away with the latest one when I try it. One other thing that may impact this is that I'm currently using the ffdshow audio codec to allow me to add a delay into the audio chain. I think that I can now do the same with the new MP audio renderer so when I get chance I'm going to give that a try...

I'm pretty pleased with my htpc now in this huge case. It runs much cooler than in the old case I had. I now have room to use one of these:
    NH-C12P SE14 Top-Down CPU Heatpipe Heatsink with NF-P14 Fan
    Which runs at the slowest fan speed (700 rpm), and is very quiet. The only fans I have are the cpu fan and the psu fan (I use one of these psus and again it is very quiet)...
    Xilence Power Quiet PSUs
    I've disconnected both of the case fans and the rig runs very cool (cpu around 24C when idle, not sure about when playing back but no more than 40C). In my old case I could easily get the cpu up to 60C, and the gpu to 75! The new case is a bit of beast
    Zalman HD500 Series Home Theatre PC Cases
    But I've managed to hide it away, and it is so good not having the cpu fan roaring away when an epg grab happens (on my system that seems to be the most cpu heavy thing it does, I have always try to update enabled)...

Have fun with those heatpipes, the cooler really is rather nice on the Sapphire card!

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom