ATI 690G/x1250 problems (1 Viewer)

dudil

Portal Member
October 27, 2007
This is exactly why I went to Vista... In Vista this problem does not show but I ExternalDisplay dont work.
I guess it's back to XP... :)

aweinman

Portal Member
November 9, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
RAV994

I tried your trick and edited the bluetwo skin. It did not work. I also downloaded your skin for SPinSafe, and I am able to use them without any freezing. So something is good there.

Hopefully the great programmers here will figure out how we can use new drivers and be able to use their software. It is a pity to have to use a driver which is about 6 revisions old.

Allan

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    RAV994

Hopefully the great programmers here will figure out how we can use new drivers and be able to use their software. It is a pity to have to use a driver which is about 6 revisions old.

Allan

Unless you are using your HTPC for games as well, I do not understand why you won't roll back the drivers. I don't think it is MP that is the issue but rather ATI as NVIDIA users don't seem to be complaining about this freezing issue.:confused:

petsta

July 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have been struggeling with this issue for quite some time now. Having tried all Catalyst versions from 7.2-7.10 with each new BIOS version for my MB and found that only 7.2 was working.

Finally upgrading to the latest Bios v1501 for Asus M2A-VM HDMI using Catalyst 7.10 I got it working. Having used it now for 3 days without any freezes. Browsing a lot through songs in Music wich before was equal to a freeze.

So, if you are using Asus M2A-VM HDMI and Windwos XP upgrade to the latest Bios 1501, Catalyst 7.10 and give it a try. It works for me:)

AndreasHaas

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have been struggeling with this issue for quite some time now. Having tried all Catalyst versions from 7.2-7.10 with each new BIOS version for my MB and found that only 7.2 was working.

Finally upgrading to the latest Bios v1501 for Asus M2A-VM HDMI using Catalyst 7.10 I got it working. Having used it now for 3 days without any freezes. Browsing a lot through songs in Music wich before was equal to a freeze.

So, if you are using Asus M2A-VM HDMI and Windwos XP upgrade to the latest Bios 1501, Catalyst 7.10 and give it a try. It works for me:)

@petsta

1. which skin do u use?
    2. can u post the rest of ur configuration?
    3. which codecs do u use for sd and hdtv

i hope it's a solution for me too.

boxrun

Portal Member
    December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Thankyou all who replied.

Although driver 7.2 with Catalyst Control Centre (aka CCC) disabled (not running on startup) worked, I can confirm ;

7.10 works with CCC enabled after replacing flipy="true" with flipy="false" in all skin xml files.
    (7.10 seems to be much better than 7.2 especially since i can now run 1360x768)
    And disabling hot keys in the CCC is a good idea

And I can recommend this simple free tool to do a batch search and replace ;
    http://turbonote.com/TNTurboSR

backslash

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No problems here with the 690G chipset and mediaportal. Btw. i use catalyst 7.8 drivers.

Problems arise because the asus hdmi board is a piece of shit.

backslash

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks for the tip. I'll try this today and give feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom