ATI 690G/x1250 problems (1 Viewer)

DBeck

Portal Member
October 2, 2007
Home Country
England England
I've installed Catalyst Software Suite 8-9, but have the same problems on a x1300 GFX card.
What i did was got all the settings i needed in Catalyst for the display res refresh rate etc.

Then i stopped "StartCCC" from starting at startup with little prog called "Startup Control Panel", changed services "Ati HotKey Poller" and "ATI Smart" to run service type as manual and rebooted my pc and the flickering of the TV preview gone.

hope it helps Andy

p.s.
can someone try this without the "flipy fix" and report back tnx

Attachments

• Startup Control Panel.jpg
    Startup Control Panel.jpg
    53.1 KB
  • Ati HotKey Poller.JPG
    Ati HotKey Poller.JPG
    35.4 KB
  • ATI Smart.JPG
    ATI Smart.JPG
    34.7 KB

BobMysterios

Portal Member
December 13, 2007
I just reimaged my HTPC. When I had a fresh install and 8.3 CCC working back in 07 I made a disk image using Drive Snapshot Drive Snapshot - Download evaluation Software IT says its trialware but you can just delete exe and redownload - and you can always restore even after trial expires.

Anyway, after about 10 minutes to reimage and 25 to get xp SP3 (RC3 complained about outdated VMR9 otherwise) I was up and running with Blue3 (i run 4x3) with reflections and no issues.

For me, it looks like flipy issue is resolved in 8.9. Granted I did a near fresh install. At the time of the image XP had booted < 10 times and the image was taken at the first boot of 8.3 drivers.

To remove 8.3 I booted into safe mode, ran the ATI CC Uninstaller and rebooted. When prompted that XP detected new hardware, I clicked cancel and then installed 8.9 drivers. Rebooted and it worked. I did have some TV issues I never had before but they were resolved within CCC. (I have a component 4x3 32" HD set I use - so refresh rates are important).

As always YMMV. Good luck.

blogra

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
Dbeck,
I also have the flickering preview window. Where do I find the second two dialogs in your post? I've looked in msconfig, and the ATI app, but I can't find them, and you don't tell us dummies where they are?

thanks
Blogra

DBeck

Portal Member
October 2, 2007
Home Country
England England
Dbeck,
I also have the flickering preview window. Where do I find the second two dialogs in your post? I've looked in msconfig, and the ATI app, but I can't find them, and you don't tell us dummies where they are?

thanks
Blogra

Oops, Right hand button on "my Computer" > Manage
On the left tree click the plus sign next to "Services and Applications" > "Services"

Double click on "Ati HotKey Poller" and change "Startup type:" from "Automatic" to "Manual" click Ok or apply button
Repeat the same for "ATI Smart"

Once you have made all three settings
"Ati HotKey Poller" = "my Computer" > Manage
"ATI Smart" = "my Computer" > Manage
"StartCCC" = with "Startup Control Panel"

Reboot and post back with results :)
Andy

blogra

Portal Member
September 17, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
Dbeck,
I ensured that driver 8.9 was installed, then did the things as per your .jpg pics. Rebooted, but made no difference, still have flickering previews. In RC1, everything worked apart from the odd crash. In RC2 the video files (.mpg) didn't work (sound, but no pic) so went back to RC1. In RC3, video now works, but flickering preview. Ho hum.

:D

DBeck

Portal Member
October 2, 2007
Home Country
England England
Dbeck,
I ensured that driver 8.9 was installed, then did the things as per your .jpg pics. Rebooted, but made no difference, still have flickering previews. In RC1, everything worked apart from the odd crash. In RC2 the video files (.mpg) didn't work (sound, but no pic) so went back to RC1. In RC3, video now works, but flickering preview. Ho hum.

:D

I am Running at 1280 x 720 res @60 Hertz my TV is UK PAL
When i first setup my res i orgnaly set it to 1280 x 720 res @50 Hertz and i got flickering, changed it to @60 Hertz. it stopped flickering in live tv

Maybe you could play with changing the refrash rate see if that fixes it. do a reboot after each change, the ATI app sometimes dose not pass on the settings to other programs after the change hence a reboot.

Hope it helps
Andy

RailBaron

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I tried CCC 8.10 last night with a flipy-modified RC2. Still flickering in the TV preview and Video Editor plug-in, as well. I tried the suggestions mentioned earlier to not run the CCC app or ATI services, but that didn't help, either. No issues when running the TV video full-screen (or even full-window when the app wasn't full-screen). Unless someone else comes up with something, I'll likely revert to CCC 8.7 tonight.

Pitscho

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    with 810 catalyst and vmr9 i have flickering too, with evr i dont, but i prefered vmr9 last months, well, evr will do it too i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom