ATI AIW 9800 and earlier support gone! (1 Viewer)

ddahlstrom

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Ok, I went ahead and downgraded to Catalyst 6.2 and MMC 9.13, since another poster had mentioned that this was the last combination that worked properly with MP. After performing this downgrade I find that MP RC4 now works correctly with my ATI 9800 AIW. Since I don't think there is anything in the newer drivers that I need, this should be fine. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.

Dave

kaeri2

Portal Member
May 14, 2006
ATI AIW 9800 Support come back

I tried the latest Catalyst drivers v.6.6 today and now TV is working again.Only thing is I had to remove this " <!-- "
which is standing before the capturecard in CapturecardDefinitions
I have all the latest builds.

<!--
<capturecard commercialname="ATI All-in-Wonder X series (Analogue)"capturename="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ntativrv01"

ddahlstrom

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Tell me more!

Tell me more!

In my previous post I said that 6.2 was working for me, but it turns out that that wasn't quite true. It did, kinda work at first, but after a reboot or after using the standard ATI TV application MP would get screwed up. Sometimes it wouldn't tune, sometimes I could get a picture but no sound, etc. In other words it didn't operate with enough stability for me to continue using it. So I uninstalled MP, went back to Catalyst 6.5 again, and have reluctantly returned to ATI's MMC software.

Before I go through the bother of another agonizing night upgrading the Catalyst and MMC, can you tell me how stable 6.6 is for you? Are you having any issues at all, or is all working perfectly now? I'd love to get MP working again but want to be pretty sure that it's going to work. BTW, did you ever try removing the "< !-- >" under 6.5? If so, what happened?

Dave

kaeri2

Portal Member
May 14, 2006
hi.
I have been using it today and there is one bug.When I start tv is is okey 1 minute.Then it loses tv signal and its only snow.After changing channel to another and back the problem has gone.I have Windows Media Center on the same PC and there is not this problem.When I used Catalyst 6.2 I never had problems, but since Media Senter works I upgraded anyway.
Mvh
kaeri2

kaeri2

Portal Member
May 14, 2006
Hi.
Found the problem. After 1 min of TV the service "ehRecvr.exe" suddenly start and the TV only get snow.The problem gets away if I deactivate this prosess,its not enough to stop it.Since "ehRecvr.exe" is a part of Windows Media Center Mediaportal will probably work fine with you.
mvh
kaeri2

ddahlstrom

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Cool and Thank You

I just had to write back and tell you that I tried your suggestion to remove the comment <!-- and low-and-behold, it worked! Also, because I am not using Media Edition, I didn't experience the secondary problem you describe. I should note that I did this on Catalyst 6.5, not 6.6, so thankfully I didn't have to do the upgrade dance.

This was a blockbuster tip for me since I have been trying to get Media Portal to work for about a year, and have always run into one showstopper or another. I've had MP up for over a week now, the TV is working like a champ, and virtually everything else I have gotten to work to my satisfaction.

Thanks again for a brilliant tip.

Dave

kaeri2 said:
Hi.
Found the problem. After 1 min of TV the service "ehRecvr.exe" suddenly start and the TV only get snow.The problem gets away if I deactivate this prosess,its not enough to stop it.Since "ehRecvr.exe" is a part of Windows Media Center Mediaportal will probably work fine with you.
mvh
kaeri2

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    How to use ATI AIW 9200 or earlier

This advice from kaeri2 is so important that I just had to stress and repeat for anyone who is now struggling with the software to recognize the ATI AIW TV capture.

1. Open in Notepad the file "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\CaptureCardDefinitions.xml"
    2. Search for "ATI AIW 9200 Cards or earlier".
    3. Remove the "<!--" from the beginning of the line, and remove the "-->" which appears about 50 lines later.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    For those using AIW cards from the 9500 series and later (9700,9800, etc) use the latest ATI T200 drivers .

Theses will instlal without needing to be forced .

You will also need the ATI Media Center filters that are available in the encoder 6.6 package. If the ATI installation fails to work then copy the 'atimcenc.dll' to sytem32 folder and run 'regsvr32 atimcenc.dll'

For AIW cards not supported by the T200 drivers (AIW 9000 etc) you need the NSP drivers from the Catalyst 6.2 WDM package; these are version 6.14.10.6325 and you may need to force the drivers to instal overiding the OS complaints that they are not suitable on some cards.

The good news is that they are compatable with MMC 9.15 (I am using an AIW 9000 with stereo and teletext etc ) and that graphedit will construct a working graph with all the required MP chosen filters and work corretly.

Bad news is that MP will not correctly construct the graph when run from testing.(edit further testing shows the graph constructs are fine)

This is the filter construct I am testing for the NSP 6.14.10.6325 drivers.

<capturecard commercialname="ATI AIW 9200 Cards or earlier" capturename="ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" devid="ntativrv35">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="tvtuner" name="ATI TV Tuner" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="tvaudio" name="ATI TV Audio" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="crossbaraudio" name="ATI TV Audio Crossbar" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="crossbarvideo" name="ATI Rage Theater Video Crossbar" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="videncoder" name="ATI Media Center Video Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="audencoder" name="ATI Media Center Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="mux" name="ATI Media Center Multiplexer" checkdevice="false"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbaraudio" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbaraudio" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbaraudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbarvideo" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbaraudio" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="crossbarvideo" sinkpin="2"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbaraudio" sourcepin="2" sinkfilter="crossbarvideo" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbaraudio" sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbarvideo" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Problem found to be with the latest SVN releases and not being able to build the above graph.

The stable release 0.2.0.4 works fine with the above graph.

AIW 9000 working with MP .Timeshifing, recording, teletetext, stereo audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom