ATI AIW 9800 and earlier support gone! (1 Viewer)

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Sorry for the delay.
    Here it is.
    Remarks:
    1. It contains also ATI Media Center filters which I could not use.
    2. Due to mismatch between garphedit and Hebrew, some pins of the capture filter are unclear. But on other software I can see clearly that input pin says in Hebrew something like "Analog Video In", output pin 0 says "capture" and output pin 1 says something like "Preview".

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    I beleive the problem is in the fact that the 8500 series has the older RAGE THEATRE chipset and that even though the NSP driver will instal the output isn't compatable for the ATI Media Centre filters.

I tested the above on a board I had with the RAGE THEATRE chipset and couldn't get the graph to build .

All the THETARE 200 chipset based boards I have tried have worked fine though.

Youwill need a 9xxx series or above board.

zob

October 6, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I tryed MEDIAPORTAL with AIW x1900 & CCC 6.9 Program the program see's no tv tuner card. It work ok on MMC9.13-9.15. What am I doing wrong?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Welcome from RAGE3D !!

A quick read of the last pages of the ATI AIW sticky thread at the top of this forum would help quide you.Espeacialy look at the user posted files to get an idea of what graphedit looks like and what filters and pins mean. OK now with that knowlege.

Also read the MP wiki to get more info on how to do the things you want to do.

Now.

Download a prog called graphedit .

Run it and 'insert' all the required filters that should be used/required.

You find these by looking in the C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

folder for the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file.

Open this file in NOTEPAD and search for ATI, try and find a graph construct that is close to your hardware.

you would have found this.

<capturecard commercialname="ATI All-in-Wonder X series (Analogue)" capturename="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" devid="ntativrv01">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="true" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="tvtuner" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Tuner" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="tvaudio" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog TV Audio" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="crossbar" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Xbar" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="ATI T200 AVStream Analog Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="videncoder" name="ATI Media Center Video Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="audencoder" name="ATI Media Center Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="mux" name="ATI Media Center Multiplexer" checkdevice="false"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%tvtuner%"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbar" sinkpin="%audiotuner%"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbar" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

Now all the above listed 'filters' need to be 'inserted' into graphedit so you can view the pin in/outs. These need to be exact match in the graph construct.

When you have done that post the graphedit image into this thread and we can go from there.

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I beleive the problem is in the fact that the 8500 series has the older RAGE THEATRE chipset and that even though the NSP driver will instal the output isn't compatable for the ATI Media Centre filters.

I tested the above on a board I had with the RAGE THEATRE chipset and couldn't get the graph to build .

All the THETARE 200 chipset based boards I have tried have worked fine though.

Youwill need a 9xxx series or above board.

Well thanks to your help I did find out that I can make it work with 3rd party encoder. I might buy one, or might as well just buy a new TV card.
    Do you think it may be that the DVD decoder of Media Center 9 is actualy also requiered for Media Center Encoder to work? I cannot download this decoder due to ATI's policy, but I can buy it for only $20, if it might solve the problem.

zob

October 6, 2006
    Home Country
    I cant find where to download the prog graphedit.

edit-I found it

When I ran graphedit I found the first 4 filters but not these last 3

<filter cat="videncoder" name="ATI Media Center Video Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="audencoder" name="ATI Media Center Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="mux" name="ATI Media Center Multiplexer" checkdevice="false"/>

they were called Multimedial listed in black wich = default value

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    These drivers come under the 'DirectShow' filters in graphedit . And if your card is working with the ATI MMC you should have them installed.

Are you using the analog or digital TV reception with your card?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Well thanks to your help I did find out that I can make it work with 3rd party encoder. I might buy one, or might as well just buy a new TV card.
    Do you think it may be that the DVD decoder of Media Center 9 is actualy also requiered for Media Center Encoder to work? I cannot download this decoder due to ATI's policy, but I can buy it for only $20, if it might solve the problem.

These will not make any difference. Save your money for a newer card; the bonus is you will get the DVD decoder plus a dx9 spec gpu which will improve the smoothness of the MP GUI and cpu load.

From my testing it is the older THEATRE chipset which is incompatable.

I have fully working systems with all the required files etc and just replacing the workinng THEATRE 200 based card and using a RAGE THETARE based one (like yours) and the filter connections fail.

If i have time this weeknd iwill try some much earlier WDM packages to see if there migt be some compatability

zob

October 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Here is the fileyou requested. Thanks

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Here is the fileyou requested. Thanks

Change

<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="4" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>

TO

<connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="3" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>

Carefuly in the XML file for the graph construct.

Also the ATI MPEG filters aren't the correct filters, they have to be the ATI Media Center filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom