ATI AIW 9800 and earlier support gone! (1 Viewer)

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    More explanation please

SciDoctor, I am trying to make my 8500 work. Sound like you have the answer, can you explain a little more?

What is NSP?

SciDoctor said:
    you need the NSP drivers from the Catalyst 6.2 WDM package; these are version 6.14.10.6325 and you may need to force the drivers to instal overiding the OS complaints that they are not suitable on some cards.
    Can you give some more information of what exactly should be done?

SciDoctor said:
    Bad news is that MP will not correctly construct the graph when run from testing.
    What does it mean? What does not work and what does work?

Thanks.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    WDM - NSP is 'NO SOUND PASSTHROUGH' and refers to the way the sound is NOT externaly connected via a cable to your sound card BUT is routed internaly via the AGP bus with the video.

WDM - SP is therefore sound passthrough with an external cable. These drivers will NOT work with the ATI Media Center filters and this is why so many people are having big problems with their ATI AIW/VIVO cards and MEDIAPORTAL as the filters are just incompatable.

T200 is what the NSP have evolved into (ATI have limited their use to more recent card sand there is NO way to force the instal ) and work with cards from 9550 series to X1xxxs series

I your card has an THEATRE 200 chipset then the WDM NSP drivers (from CAT 6.2) will instal and work, you may need to force the drivers via DEVICE manager; manual instal and insure you choose the NSP version of the RAGE THEATRE VIDEO.

I have yet to check the RAGE THEATRE chipset (this is the older version to the THEATRE 200) BUT would doubt it is viable but still worth a try.

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    SciDoctor,
    Thanks to your help MP setup finaly finds the channels on autoscan.
    Unfortunatly, it is not enough. When watching TV I see nothing but black screen. Surprisingly, Teletext is working.

Can it be encoder issue? I wanted to extract the 6.6 encoder, but it seems that the data1.cab file in Catalist 6.6 is not standard. I could not extract it.
    Do you have an idea where can I get the correct 'atimcenc.dll' ?

I could not use the filter construct you sent. It showed a "Unable to create graph for this device".
    I could not use the originaly commented text, because it did not find any channel.
    I used the following. In fact it is the orginaly commented text, but I replaced "ATI Media Center" with "ATI MPEG". Maybe it is not the correct thing to do, but this along with your advice regarding "NSP" driver made it at least find the channels.

<capturecard commercialname="DORON ATI AIW 9200 Cards or earlier" capturename="ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" devid="ntativrv35">
    <capabilities tv="true" radio="false" mpeg2="true" mce="false" sw="false" bda="false"/>
    <tv>
    <interface cat="mux" video="" audio="" mpeg2="0"/>
    <filters>
    <filter cat="tvtuner" name="ATI TV Tuner" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="tvaudio" name="ATI TV Audio" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="crossbaraudio" name="ATI TV Audio Crossbar" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="crossbarvideo" name="ATI Rage Theater Video Crossbar" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="capture" name="ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" checkdevice="true"/>
    <filter cat="audcapture" name="%soundcard%" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="videncoder" name="ATI MPEG Video Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="audencoder" name="ATI MPEG Audio Encoder" checkdevice="false"/>
    <filter cat="mux" name="ATI MPEG Multiplexer" checkdevice="false"/>
    </filters>
    <connections>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbaraudio" sinkpin="2"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvtuner" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="tvaudio" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="tvaudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbaraudio" sinkpin="4"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbaraudio" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="crossbarvideo" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbaraudio" sourcepin="1" sinkfilter="crossbarvideo" sinkpin="2"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbaraudio" sourcepin="2" sinkfilter="crossbarvideo" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="crossbarvideo" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="capture" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="capture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="videncoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="audcapture" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="audencoder" sinkpin="0"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="videncoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="1"/>
    <connection sourcefilter="audencoder" sourcepin="0" sinkfilter="mux" sinkpin="0"/>
    </connections>
    </tv>
    </capturecard>

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    C:\ATI\SUPPORT\6-6_encoder_33678.

The data1.cab file should just extract with WINRAR

Whilst MP is running start GRAPHEDIT (download from the net i you don't have it) and 'connect to remote graph' to see what graph construct/s is in use by MP.is will show you by deduction where the missing filters are .

Your 8500 card, which RAGE THEATRE chip do you have as a matter of interest?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    As for errors, if you read through the MP log you will see where the filters are either missing or not connecting pins.

Long read but worth it to chase bugs/errors.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    The ATI MPEG fiters are not compatabe with the requirements of MP or MCE .

The only filters are the ATI Media Center filters that work (from the atimcenc.dll)

This is why you have NO picture as the stream buffer engine isn't getting the MPEG feed form these filters.

The good news is that the RAGE THEATRE filters are working as the TUNING and teletext work

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    If I understand what you are saying, all I have to do now is to get 6-6_encoder_33678, and use "ATI Media Center" filters.
    I tried earlier decoders and later decoders without any luck. Can it be that this particular one is the only one that works?
    I cannot find it. Do you have a link to it? From information I read it looks like it used to be with ATI MC 9.14, but I see only 6-5 encoder there.

I will be glad to tell you which Rage Theater chip I have, if you just tell me where to look...

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Direct links to ATI's site do not work .

You need to go to the multimedia center software download for XP and download the encoder .

(Idealy try and trace the older dowload for 6.6 encoder as it is easier to use but a nightmare to find on the awful ATI site)

The latest one is 6-8 xcode, run the instal and exit after all files have been extracted ; you could let it finish running but i doubt the installer would recognise your old card.

From the extracted files folder use WINRAR or similar to extract the cab files to find the dll's.

The rage theatre chip is bigger than the memory chips and can be on either side of the card.

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Does not work with the newer encoder, and I can't find that 6-6.
    A strange thing is, that when I put the Media Center encoders on th elist, than the tuning does not work anymore. When I take them off, tunning works, even if I do not replace them with anything else.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Open graphedit.

Insert filters .

Check the directshow filters for the THREE ATI MEDIA CENTER FILTERS.

If they are not present then the MP graph build will fail and you will not get tuning and teletext.

When you change the filter construct and use the ATI MPEG filters which ARE present the graph build WILL succeed, you will get tuning and teletext BUT the output is not suitable for the MP filters that follow for picture and sound and hence when MP is run that is why you have NO picture and sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom