ATI AIW Owners (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

Good news! I intend to add much faster live tv capture and possibly timeshifting support to media portal over the next couple of weeks.

I intend to add the following / change the following modes for the ATI AIW Radeon (not the Rage 128 series sorry...) in mediaportal

1. Standard TV Viewing (unchanged from 0.13 apart from some bugfixes) - Single Graph
2. Software TV Capture (unchanged from 0.13 apart from some bugfixes) - Single Graph
3. Hardware accelerated tv capture (ATI VCR format - it's not a codec guys and so is not available from the codec option in config. Also you must have ati mmc installed) - Single Graph
4. Hardware accelerated timeshifting(ATI VCR format - it's not a codec guys and so is not available from the codec option in config. Also you must have ati mmc installed) - Dual Graph

A

Anonymous

:D cool!
If u need someone to test i'm using the AIW 9600.
I'll be glad to help ya.

A

Anonymous

I will need quite a few testers, there is however a requirement. You must be able to compile a version locally. As some of the files and test stuff I will not be putting into CVS until tested.

A

Anonymous

Rattler I have no experience of the 8500dv and am not aware of it's capabilities.

We will find out by testing.

Although if you can point me to it specs and tell me whether it users ATI VCR format for MPEG2 encoding?

A

Anonymous

OB2 said:
Good news! I intend to add much faster live tv capture and possibly timeshifting support to media portal over the next couple of weeks.

I intend to add the following / change the following modes for the ATI AIW Radeon (not the Rage 128 series sorry...) in mediaportal

1. Standard TV Viewing (unchanged from 0.13 apart from some bugfixes) - Single Graph
2. Software TV Capture (unchanged from 0.13 apart from some bugfixes) - Single Graph
3. Hardware accelerated tv capture (ATI VCR format - it's not a codec guys and so is not available from the codec option in config. Also you must have ati mmc installed) - Single Graph
4. Hardware accelerated timeshifting(ATI VCR format - it's not a codec guys and so is not available from the codec option in config. Also you must have ati mmc installed) - Dual Graph

This is perfect. This is exactly the sort of direct integration with the quality of the ATI MMC playback/recording/timeshifting we have all been looking for. This is very exciting. :shock:

A

Anonymous

forbes said:
This is perfect. This is exactly the sort of direct integration with the quality of the ATI MMC playback/recording/timeshifting we have all been looking for. This is very exciting. :shock:

Just wondering if this will impact on Fred's Powersaver (hibernate/standby) plugin. Will it release the card properly after use. Sorry, just thinking outloud. :?

A

Anonymous

please! hear my cry! Rage AIW support pleaseee. :eek:

A

Anonymous

I am not familiar with the ATI VCR format, would these files be viewable on another machine, without an ATI card, or an ATI card without the MMC components? If not, would these VCR files be transcodable to a compatable format, e.g. DVD or divx?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom