ATI Catalyst™ version 9.3 out now! (1 Viewer)

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
I also want to note that i didn't have problems with 9.2 either to be honest and i don't get the fuzz about DXVA supposedly not working with every other release of catalyst. I only noticed had one release of the driver back in the 8.x range (forgot which one) that was not working.

9.1 and 9.2 are well documented on the internet NOT to handle DXVA well under Windows XP. Besides, working or not working on one machine doesn't really make a useful sample on its own...

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
In response to Frenzy, i think as MP users this is the best sort of response we can do, i.e. it works on my machine vs it doesn;t work on mine. Over time this will give you the sample numbers you seek.

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
In response to Frenzy, i think as MP users this is the best sort of response we can do, i.e. it works on my machine vs it doesn;t work on mine. Over time this will give you the sample numbers you seek.

Indeed and that's why it's not valid as an argument to say, 'well it works on mine so something else must be wrong'.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am using xp sp3 32bit.
this is my screenshot with DXVA checker. :D Im on 9.4!!!

Im using an ATI HD 4350. (See screendump)

Attachments

• dxvachecker ati 9.4.jpg
    dxvachecker ati 9.4.jpg
    63.7 KB

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since weekend 9.5 is out!

Unfortunalty not the AGP Hotfix :(

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    dxva working with xp 32bit? (Catalyst 9.4)

dxva working with xp sp3 for h264 in pdvd8 and mpc-hc.
    havn't tested for mpeg2
    h264 hdtv + pdvd8 + 9.4 seemed to have occasional glitch where video would be green and freeze with live tv,
    therefore i went back to 8.12 to use for h264 hdtv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
    I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
    Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    thanks but it is a local routing issue with external (IPv6-)content (like Google). I disabled IPv6 for the moment and wait for some feedback from hosting company.
    thanks but it is a local routing issue with external (IPv6-)content (like Google). I disabled IPv6 for the moment and wait for some...
    For the last two or three days, the MP web site will "go slow" randomly. That is, I click on a link, but the page will take a long...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom