ATI Radeon 9200SE Or NVIDIA Geforce FX5200 ? (1 Viewer)

torvie

January 9, 2006
I need a cheap lowprofile card. What about the Mpeg 2 decoding? is that supported in both cards?

mojuk

Portal Member
January 6, 2006
Home Country
England England
5200 kid - tho i'd consider the rest of the fully fledged 9x series especially a 9600pro if u can get it as its a nice little goer for reasonable money :D

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
That was mainly due to the fact that ati used to build their own cards and their was nobody else using their chipsets. The quality of the tv out is dependend on the quality of the used components.

torvie

January 9, 2006
HI
If i'm only going to use the computer for watching/record tv (using my hauppauge PVR-500), watch DVDs and surf the web.
Why should i get the GeForce N6200 instead of the FX5200?

Thanks
/T

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos prior to the menu. Then, when it comes to display the menu, MediaPortal crashes. I'm using Windows 7 on a fresh installation and with all the updates available applied to the system. Windows shows a...
Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos...
Hi. When I try to play a Blu-Ray using the latest MediaPortal version (1.3) it seems to work OK. The disc starts playing the videos...
Replies
Views
This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
Replies
Views
Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
Replies
Views
Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector, and also set them as the EPG grabber for radio in MP2. But here's the odd thing: The next time I opened the XMLTV EPG mapper (where you map actual channels to channels available in the EPG), the radio...
Thanks for that. I found "Chnlineup" in the Sky grab and "FreesatEPG" in the Freesat grab and enabled them both in EPG Collector...
Following on from this thread: Previously I used EPG Collector very successfully to grab a 7 day OTA EPG which included the EPG...
Replies
Views
And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
I just updated from 2.4. Update did not conserve my channels or epg plug-in or anything, looks like, which of course was a...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom