AtmoHue - BETA - Philips Hue support for AtmoLight & AtmoWin (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New version of AtmoHue and AtmoLight (beta) released, files are attached in the first post :)

Changelog

AtmoLight 1.13.105.0 - BETA version

- Hue now has reconnect handling and ability to start AtmoHue.exe on launch (need to set path in AtmoLight configuration)
    - Boblight support added (@Lightning303)
    - Various fixes and changes, more in official AtmoLight changelog later.

AtmoHue 0.51

- Minimize to tray and/or on startup, to restore double click the icon in tray list.
    - Added check to prevent starting more than 1 instance of AtmoHue.
    - RGB color test now has validation checks

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just to be sure, version 0.51 has far less files than 0.50? Is something wrong or was the Microsoft.threading.task just debug stuff?

Can I just use the settings.xml from 0.50?

Oh and I almost forgot to say. Thank you!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just to be sure, version 0.51 has far less files than 0.50? Is something wrong or was the Microsoft.threading.task just debug stuff?
    Correct, had some extra debug files in there which weren't needed anymore because they are included in .NET framework 4.5.

Can I just use the settings.xml from 0.50?
    Yep, settings.xml will remain valid in all new versions.

Btw forgot to mention to restore it from the tray icon you need to double click it, personally dislike one clicks as it allows for accidentally opening the wrong app especially since it's not like you're gonna open AtmoHue on a daily basis.

You're welcome :) , let me know what you think and will be doing some more work on it this weekend so if you find any bugs or have suggestions just let me know.

Last edited:

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I must say, minimize to tray works great. After setting the path in atmoLight and remove the shortcut from the startup directory atmoHue start just fine. Many thanks for this feature, I was really waiting for this:)

Things I noticed:

- When alt tabbing atmoHue show up even when it's in tray. Doesn't really matter for me but I don't think this is expected behaviour.
    - When closing mediaportal. AtmoHue keeps running in the background. Not sure if this is the way it should be bu it's oke for me.
    - Lights are out of sync when using VU Meter Rainbow with "faster/dance" music
    - After I stopped playing music(stop button on remote) the lights changed a couple of times of color(some slow flickering) before they go to the static color(blue in my case) set for the gui/menu
    - After lights turn off(when changing section) sometimes it takes quite a while before they turn on again. This isn't every times so maybe it was just coincidence

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Little bug - when you create a led it will be trippled when you close hue and start it again

Can't reproduce that one :( , tried with clean settings.xml and added 4 led devices (id 1/2/3/10) with different locations and when relaunching AtmoHue it still lists the 4.
    Can you send me your settings.xml file so I can check with the same settings (can leave out app name/key)?

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another thing after stopping music the rainbow vu meter keeps going for a while without even having music

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Things I noticed:
    - When alt tabbing atmoHue show up even when it's in tray. Doesn't really matter for me but I don't think this is expected behaviour.
    - When closing mediaportal. AtmoHue keeps running in the background. Not sure if this the way it should be.
    - Lights are out of sync when using VU Meter Rainbow with "faster/dance" music
    - After I stopped playing music(stop button on remote) the lights changed a couple of times of color(some slow flickering) before they go to the static color(blue in my case) set for the gui/menu
    - After lights turn off(when changing section) sometimes it takes quite a while before they turn on again. This isn't every times so maybe it was just coincidence

- Windows can be a little weird with tray icons sometimes, need to look it up but should be fixable.

- Currently haven't added the close on shutdown, could be added but don't know if people would use it as it doesn't hurt to keep it running.

- Correct, seems limited by Hue Api but is on the to-do list to check why and if it can be fixed.

- For music the transmitted color commands can stack up, there's a "fix" in place that stops it for a few seconds and after a few seconds sends the high priority static color. Problem is the bridge might still be processing your old color commands due it to being busy and since we have no way of checking the "queue" it's not a easy thing to solve.
    Definitely needs a better solution though.

- Correct, for the first color packet your Hue gets AtmoHue uses the TurnOn commands and once it gets the color black it sends the commands TurnOff. During the TurnOn command there's a slight delay sometimes, seems related to the Hue Bridge "starting up" so to speak, will see how other apps solve this :)

Last edited:

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It's Happening when you activate open in Taskbar and minimize to Tray

Rick164

MP Donator