AtmoHue - BETA - Philips Hue support for AtmoLight & AtmoWin (1 Viewer)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Also screenshots of the two folders, v200 doesn't have any settings list. V100 does.

Even adding the light under V100 the next time I go into the app the light has dissapeared.

Attachments

• IMG_6168.PNG
    IMG_6168.PNG
    570.1 KB
  • IMG_6169.PNG
    IMG_6169.PNG
    540.8 KB
Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    V0.20 (200) is the one that got the fixes for Hue Bridge V2 (or V1 with latest firmware) so that is normal, have a development version here with some new parts and it will report errors during saving in the log window or to file if you enable the debug log setting.
    What I think this is is another region / encoding issue like we had before, what language / region do you have setup in Windows?

// Update

V0.251 has more logging, best to not run for extended times as its for debug only and can spam the logs.

Attachments

• AtmoHue_DEV_0250.zip
      838.7 KB
    • AtmoHue_DEV_0251.zip
      874.9 KB
    Last edited:

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Region is United Kingdom and language is English.

Well V0.10 at least runs but doesnt save the lamps and is sending signals to the HUE.
    V0.20 doesnt even register on any attempt.

Just installed V0251, it opens .exe as V0.020 and does exactly the smae as the earlier screenshots and doesnt connect to bridge.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In 0.251 it will log any errors during registration or settings, so it's not outputting any errors or results after you click register to bridge?
    It might be something locally blocking it however during registration (when you click the register to bridge button) it will log either this:

Couldn't find any Hue Bridges in network using standard discovery method

or

Bridges found using standard discovery method

If you don't see any of that something very weird is going on, would check Windows Firewall or some other software that could be blocking the broadcast of AtmoHue.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    I get this -

Plus it says "hue bridge failed to initialise" then when I click the connect it asks me to press the bridge which I do whether I do or dont it still says its connection to bridge was succesful.

Attachments

• IMG_6170.PNG
      IMG_6170.PNG
      582.5 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would try it with the setting "Running Windows 8.*" ticked on there as that covers Windows 10 as well nowadays.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Would try it with the setting "Running Windows 8.*" ticked on there as that covers Windows 10 as well nowadays.

Doesnt do anything when i click windows 8. When I open atmohue the ip address is now filled in which it wasn't on the previous version. However it still says failed to initialise.

What should I be seeing coming up if it was working?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Very odd, tested here with V1 bridge and still works when re-registering it so not sure how to debug this yet.
    When you tick that setting and press register it should at least report something in logs.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    What should I be seing
    Very odd, tested here with V1 bridge and still works when re-registering it so not sure how to debug this yet.
    When you tick that setting and press register it should at least report something in logs.

The logging is turned on, how do I know when its registered as you can see from the screen that it says its found the bridge.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah but it's showing standard discovery which is for Windows 7 and lower :) , Windows 8 and up you need to tick that setting and will get different lookup.
    However what I suspect is that it isn't allowed to connect to the bridge (firewall?), make sure to also tick this setting so you get a lot more log output:

282960_IMG_6170.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom