AtmoHue - BETA - Philips Hue support for AtmoLight & AtmoWin (1 Viewer)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Fine in firewall...

Attachments

• IMG_6171.PNG
    IMG_6171.PNG
    554.9 KB

richardc1983

Portal Pro
October 10, 2012
Leeds
Home Country
Did a full restart and even tried copying the folder to the desktop and setup specific firewall rule for that app and get this...

Attachments

• IMG_6174.jpg
    IMG_6174.jpg
    130.7 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Never seen that error before with AtmoHue but bridge IP is empty there and it should have retrieved the Hue app key (random hash) after pairing / registering so something is off just not sure why as I can't replicate it.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    We've got it working. enabled api on main page within the media portal side of the plugin. Question now which version should we be using yOh said the other causes lots of logging?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice (y)

0.251 without debug logging ticked in AtmoHue settings is fine so long as the config now works (otherwise can spam logs), saturation / color / temp by default should be more or less accurate for the Hue Blooms as those are the only ones I have here.
    Otherwise there's an experimental tab where you can tweak the colors so more, calibrating them otherwise can be tedious so would start with the basic R / G / B accuracy and move from there :)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help with this. I went back to the latest version in the first post as it stopped working and took ages to get back going.

Thst version now works and I eventually got through 250 a long code string for the key.

Please don't stop development as this is an amazing app and I am gonna spread word around on an an av forum!

Can you give advice on the power settings so that it turns the light off on the bridge etc. Using the atmohue app to do it doesn't turn it off only on.

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Also I think I need to adjust the delay. The lights change after the image on the tv. Delay is set to 300. What would you suggest?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you give advice on the power settings so that it turns the light off on the bridge etc. Using the atmohue app to do it doesn't turn it off only on.

In AtmoHue you can set it to let AtmoLight handle the power events in AtmoLight configuration you can then tell it to turn on / off on playback.
    You can also toggle a theater mode in either that configuration or from AtmoLight context menu (if you assign teletext color button to it) :) , what that does is turn off the lights on playback start like in theaters and turn back on when it stops.

Also I think I need to adjust the delay. The lights change after the image on the tv. Delay is set to 300. What would you suggest?

Reliably you can do 225ms for the non-bulb devices, can also tweak the API delay so that it skips over commands (less processing time on bridge end) but it really depends on the devices and how fast the Hue network responds.
    This is one of the reasons why we created the AtmoOrb devices a while back as those have an average response time of 5ms over WiFi and are completely open-source, supported in AtmoLight and Hyperion as well and require very little setup as they work with multicast (no IP or pairing needed) :) :

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...e-photon-with-neopixel-tutorial-added.131901/
    https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/AtmoOrb-Device

Please don't stop development as this is an amazing app and I am gonna spread word around on an an av forum!

Really want to do a rewrite of it at some point as I learned a lot more after how to do this cleaner and better, currently busy with other side projects but after the holidays will pick it up again.
    Basically started out as an request by a AtmoLight user here and went to something more after that so design outgrew a bit as well, also don't use Hue a lot these days as Orbs took over the role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom