AtmoHue - BETA - Philips Hue support for AtmoLight & AtmoWin (3 Viewers)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Looks like I missed one formatting check in the color setting, fixed that and can try attached version.
    Its one of those issues that only pops up with certain regions which would explain why it works here so hoping that is is the case :)

Attachments

• AtmoHue_v0100_DEBUG2.rar
      447.6 KB

Croog

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Superb! It is working now and it looks so cool. :) Didn't have much time to play with it yet, wife want to watch TV now :) , but delay didn't seemed as huge problem even with bulb. (But it is not just next to tv now). I have something to play with for the evening. :) Thanks!!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good to hear :D
    Added 0.1 release version to first post but its the same you are running now except slightly less logging, let me know it goes :)

Last edited:

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And by the way... Theater mode is fantastic so happy you got it in there... What could be nice is if theater mode only affects if video is played back and not music.. But thnx again I use the feature every day...

Added a quick fix for that which should work and attached beta build, make sure to set it to VU meter or anything except LEDs disabled for music effect like this:

View attachment 176393
    @Rick164 Amazing as always ... Works a charm thnx(y)

pavke

Portal Member
    March 11, 2005
    Leuven, Belgium
    When I learned that my Hue set could be used to provide 'Ambilight' with MP, I set out to test this using the Ambilight/Atmohue plugins.
    But ... after hours and hours of testing, trying with different parameters, even on another PC, etc, etc I cannot get it to work.
    Ambilight seems to work as advertised - at least, I can see lots of remote API calls coming into Atmohue, but Atmohue itself fails miserably.

Summary of my findings : when setting up Atmohue and doing the 'locate bridge' thing, AH does NOT find my bridge when I check the Windows 8 box (although I'm running Windows 10). It says it cannot find it using SSDP...
    But when I uncheck the Windows 8 box, it DOES find it, using 'standard discovery method'. Maybe this already explains why things aren't working ?

In any case, setting up some Hue Leds is no problem - but testing them does nothing noticeable. Also, using the 'retrieve scenes' in the Experimental tab does nothing, whilst 'get LED Ids' results in 'Not connected to Hue bridge'. Funny thing is that the log shows all sort of 'normal' entries, about Hue being initialized, colors being sent, ... and no error messages whatsoever.
    One thing though: Status always stays empty, never shows 'Connected'...
    Oh and by the way: I am using Led strips, but that in itself does not explain the bridge connection problem I guess...

All of this stays the same, whether I enable the Windows 8 setting or not - but I guess this setting is only relevant for locating the bridge ?

And FYI:
    1) because I suspected a firewall problem, I also made sure that in my Norton settings Atmohue gets full access
    2) my set works perfectly with the Autohue app. Finding my bridge (even over the internet) and steering my lamps works without any problem with it...

So, I am at a loss as to why things fail to work, and hope you can shed some light on this.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Pavke,

Best to try it with AtmoHue.exe added to Windows Firewall as an exclusion (or disable it temporarily) because if it can't find it using SSDP with Windows 10 it's most likely blocking requests on the PC side, not sure if Norton has its own firewall or uses the windows one underwater but worth a try.
    Think it goes wrong during pairing which explains why it fails with both scene retrieval and color setter, if you attach the settings.xml we can rule out any config issues as well :)

Debug handling for this could be better and is possible with the updated library however it's not implemented yet, so even though it will say colors sent it won't check bridge connection.
    This was added a while back to speed up color sending as 2-way checks slowed it down significantly, now this can be done differently but have to find some up2date documentation.

pavke

Portal Member
    March 11, 2005
    Leuven, Belgium
    Hi Rick,

Today I had another go at it. First I uninstalled my Norton Internet Security (antivirus + firewall), then tried to connect to the bridge - alas with the same results. Btw, when first time trying Windows Firewall came up asking for permission for AtmoHue, which I granted - to no obvious avail. I then disabled the firewall completely, tried again - but again no joy.
    Things stay the same : not finding the bridge when 'Windows 8' is ticked (I guess that's the idea, although I'm on Windows 10 ?), but finding it without problem 'using standard discovery' when this is unticked.

What I don't understand is that it DOES find the bridge (OK, using the 'older' method, but which should still do the job, no ?), but then can do nothing useful with it ?

Anyway, I'm really at a loss why it doesn't work - especially so because (like I said before) the android app works absolutely flawless with it, on the same network...

I'm including my settings file for your perusal. For whatever it's worth, because the only thing that's changed from the default settings would be the bridge's ip address, as it was found using 'standard method'.

PS One bug I'd like to signal is that when during the very first run of Atmohue it fails to find the bridge, it is impossible to enter the program again (it starts, but shuts down immediately). Seemingly it cannot cope with a settings.xml file with an empty IP number ?
    To get it going again, one has to delete the settings file and start over again...

Attachments

• settings.xml
      1.4 KB

michi216

Portal Member
    February 23, 2008
    Hello!
    I am having exactly the same problems as Pavke. Running Windows8, the program finds the bridge only when i untick the Windows 8 option. Status is always empty. When i try to find my ids, i get the message "Hue bridge is not connected".

Thank you for your help!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Somehow missed the notification but will do some testing tomorrow to see if I can find and fix that bug :)

@pavke AtmoHue will not automatically find all the lights but only the bridge itself, in the config attached there are no led devices defined which would explain why it doesn't work.
    In the Philips Hue app you can get a list of devices with IDs ranging from 1-100, you can use the listed ID there to add them in AtmoHue in it's Hue leds tab like so:

atmohue.png

Will take a look at why it crashes on empty IP address, typically a default would get filled so would explain why it wasn't spotted sooner.

Once I finish a few other projects will take some time to add more features like proper auto-detection and scene retrieval however without the library documentation it's pretty much trial and error so a bit frustrating now and again ;)

Last edited:

pavke

Portal Member
    March 11, 2005
    Leuven, Belgium
    I sent you a settings.xml in as virginal a state as possible, to hopefully help isolate the connection problem. But after and before that (e.g. at the time of my first post) I tried it of course with my led strips defined on the tab page you indicate. Didn't make any noticeable difference though. I am pretty sure it is a silly little snag with the connection protocol you use.

Wish you lots of luck in tracking it down - thanks for looking into it. Please tell me if there's anything I can do to help, because I'd really love to get this ambilight going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom