AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (1 Viewer)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes and No.
    With 1.6 the patched core.dll was not needed anymore, as these changes where added to MediaPortal. This patch made AtmoLight possible in the first place.
    These changes however did not include the possibility to use MediaPortal Live Mode in the GUI/Menu. So a new patch has been made to allow this, and this patch has also been added to MediaPortal with 1.11 pre and onwards. But as you are using MediaPortal 1.10 you will need a patched MediaPortal.exe and core.dll (once again) to use this particular feature.

So,
    AtmoLight in general since MP 1.6
    AtmoLight with GUI support since 1.11 pre
    Everything else needs patched files :).

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    After spending some time with my Ambilight system i got some questions :)

Can someone explain why External Live Mode and MP Internal Mode do NOT have the same result?

It seems as if something is wrong with the internal mode, leds turn on in places they should not. As if some video resizing is done wrong. All is working as it should in External Live Mode.

As an example a scene where someone is holding a candle, the candle is located around 10cm away from the bottom edge of the tv and the rest of the picture is completely dark, the expected result is that all the leds remain off and indeed in External Live Mode they are all off BUT in mp live mode some leds at the bottom turn on. It behaves as if it ignores edge weighting.

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can someone explain why External Live Mode and MP Internal Mode do NOT have the same result?

In external mode your ambilight software (e.g. AtmoWin or AmbiBox) grabs a screenshot on its own (as if you press print button). This means everything you seen on the screen will be used exactly as you see it.
    In internal mode, AtmoLight grabs the screenshots directly from mediaportals video renderer and then send this information to your ambilight software.

So lets say you watch an old 4:3 movie, that is cropped (no black bars in the video encoded), then external will also display the black bars while internal will only display the pictures actually in the video.
    Or if you press the info button during a video, external will see the overlaying menus and analyze them, while internal will only get the video frames and not the gui frames.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    That was my idea too, but it seems something is not working as it should. Since in theory AtmoWin gets exactly the same picture then why it displays a different result?[DOUBLEPOST=1427929030][/DOUBLEPOST]Let me explain it better.

Movie is 1920 x 1080 playing it in MPC HC at full screen with AtmoWin set to Live Mode and all leds remain off. Playing the same movie scene in mp internal mode results in some bottom leds on.
    As a side note i still dont understand what is the logic in edge weighting setting in AtmoWin, turning it to lower numbers actually increases the capture zone, while turning it to higher numbers decreases the capture zone. Is this intended? I want my leds to turn on based on what is at the edge of the video frame so i got this setting on 100.

Last edited:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That was my idea too, but it seems something is not working as it should. Since in theory AtmoWin gets exactly the same picture then why it displays a different result? --- Double Post Merged, Today at 12:57 AM --- Let me explain it better.

Movie is 1920 x 1080 playing it in MPC HC at full screen with AtmoWin set to Live Mode and all leds remain off. Playing the same movie scene in mp internal mode results in some bottom leds on.
    Maybe you can provide a small sample of that video? Or tell me which file it is exactly (in pn ;)).

As a side note i still dont understand what is the logic in edge weighting setting in AtmoWin, turning it to lower numbers actually increases the capture zone, while turning it to higher numbers decreases the capture zone. Is this intended? I want my leds to turn on based on what is at the edge of the video frame so i got this setting on 100.
    Yeah the values are intended like that. Its the amount of weight the edges have, and not the amount of space inwards. Maybe its easier to understand if you click the "Color Gradiant" button in AtmoWin, there you can also change the edge weighting, though due to a bug you can only set values from 0 to 30 in this window, but its the same value as on the main form. If you change the values you can see in the middle how AtmoWin uses it. The green shows which part of the screen gets used and how much weight it gets (shown be the gradiant of the green).
    Afaik AtmoWin is the only software that actually uses this kind of system, where pixel more to the edge have a bigger weight that ones more to the center. Make for best results in my opinion.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi guys I get an error with the last Atmolight plugin coupled with atmowin 1.0.8 on MP 1.11 Final

[2015-04-07 09:59:29,164] [Error ] [AtmoLight GetAtmoLiveViewSource] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: AtmoWinHandler - GetAtmoLiveViewSource timed out after 4992ms!

I only get this error when I play a video by hand in "video" section. Music VUMeter, Moving picture, mvcentral and MP-TVSeries they're working great.

thanks !

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    At first glance it looks like AtmoWin has crashed:

[2015-04-07 09:59:29,164] [Error ] [AtmoLight GetAtmoLiveViewSource] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: AtmoWinHandler - GetAtmoLiveViewSource timed out after 4992ms!
    [2015-04-07 09:59:34,177] [Error ] [AtmoLight Reinitialise] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: AtmoWinHandler - StopAtmoWin timed out after 5008ms!

Believe the used View method (MPLive) is the same for video types with AtmoLight so it shouldn't be different for videos or MP-tvseries / Moving Pictures but @Lightning303 knows more about that, what settings are you using in AtmoLight?

Could you also try these steps:

- Restart AtmoWin while Mediaportal is closed.
    - Startup Mediaportal and start an video file in the Videos section first.

If it crashes again you should have an entry in the Windows Event Viewer mentioning why AtmoWin stopped working, probably a generic error but who knows it might have something useful in it :)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Believe the used View method (MPLive) is the same for video types with AtmoLight so it shouldn't be different for videos or MP-tvseries / Moving Pictures but @Lightning303 knows more about that
    Thats correct, doesnt matter to AtmoLight if you start a video from movpics, tvseries, videos, tv or onlinevideos.

From the logs, it looks like for some reason AtmoLight couldnt communicate with AtmoWin anymore. Sadly i cant do anything about that. Similar issues have been present for years now and all we can do from AtmoLight side, is catch these errors are try to reconnect.
    Only few things i can think of, restart your htpc and reregister atmowin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom