AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    So far it runs without problems. How would I actually notice, if it starts to fail? Will AmbiBox crash and/or the LEDs go black?

From what I remember last time AmbiBox crashes or starts flickering from old frames.

Ah I see. Well we'll simply test, it's very cheap anyway ;)

Nice, let me know how it goes so I can update the guide :)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hm, in my second test AmbiBox crashed pretty soon (I am using 2.1.7 now though). The LEDs simply froze on the last frame apparently.

Btw. will there be any noticeable LED update lag when using a RaspberryPi + Hyperion solution? I mean the frame data has to be sent over the network to the Hyperion server then. That would introduce at least 10ms additional latency, wouldn't it?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hm, in my second test AmbiBox crashed pretty soon (I am using 2.1.7 now though). The LEDs simply froze on the last frame apparently.

Think their software is just too buggy :( , will create one with configureable delays shortly so you can play around with timings :)

Btw. will there be any noticeable LED update lag when using a RaspberryPi + Hyperion solution? I mean the frame data has to be sent over the network to the Hyperion server then. That would introduce at least 10ms additional latency, wouldn't it?

No lag so long as it's wired, using it for over a year now with the Arduino instead of lightpack in between which was used in the videos here and polka one shows the response times with 200ms linear smoothing enabled:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...on-ws2801-ws2812b-apa102.128526/#post-1111645

Runs nice and without issues, wireless can be done as I control the AtmoOrbs that way (1ms response times) but those are pretty lightweight and optimized for it.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Attached new test build, in the Ambibox configuration tab you now have an "Change Image delay" which defaults to 10ms.

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.17.0.2_TEST4.mpe1
      580.3 KB

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Thx, I hope I will get to test it soon.

Btw. is there any reommendation for the capture size for AmbiBox for instance? Should it be a multiple of 2 for instance?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Btw. is there any reommendation for the capture size for AmbiBox for instance? Should it be a multiple of 2 for instance?

64x64 is recommended (default) but otherwise it's indeed doubling the values which does increase the processing load on both ends, with Hyperion I never noticed any difference for instance even when I made the frame size 16:9 instead of boxed as they work with 64x64 as well.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I did a reinstall the other day and I can't get this working again.

I'm using Hyperion on rPi and I've plugged in IP and Port but I always get the message in MePo 'Connection to Hyperion lost'.

I'm fairly confident the IP / Port is correct as I can connect OK using iOS Hyperion app and that is the IP and Port setup in the app.

Any way to debug this?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If you set the Mediaportal log to debug it will ouput more in the mediaportal.log, it will list the connection method / error among other things.
    You can always connect via hostname if you have bonjour installed under Windows and know the OpenElec / rPI hostname name (Step 3.1 of hyperion guide) , that way it will always connect no matter what the IP is :)

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Thanks Rick. It was logging the target machine actively refused connection. So I tried Hyperion app again and that didn't work any more either!

I rebooted the rPi and it works now. Embarrassing!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hey, me again :)

Any chance someone could tell me what is causing these Atmolight errors in my logs? I'm finding sometimes after playing media I get an immediate crash to desktop. Also I'm having really weird audio sync issues which may or may not be related. I have my AV receiver now with a 250ms delay which is crazy but it seems to keep changing all the time.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom