AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I followed the instructions on Github just after I posted that, seemed to work.

https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki/Installation-on-RPi-with-OpenELEC

Code:
    curl -L --output install_hyperion.sh --get https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/master/bin/install_hyperion.sh
    sh ./install_hyperion.sh[/coode]

Maybe you do not remember but I still have one annoying issue. After restarting Hyperion I still have random blue lights around the TV on idle. Its like the off state is not correct.

If I launch my Hyperion iPhone app and change the brightness to full, then down to zero, all my lights correctly go out. From this point on whenever MePo has finished playing my lights are fully out. But without doing this step with the external app; after media playback they go back to the random leds with low blue output? The 'fix' lasts until I reboot the rPi. Is there some Hyperion setting I have incorrect?

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Are you using any live capture solution (hdmi -> composite converter) with Hyperion?

If they are bright blue you could try raising the blue threshold to 1.000 in the Hyperion config file like this example:

Code:
      "color" :
      {
      "transform" :
      [
      {
      "id"  : "default",
      "leds" : "*",
      "hsv" :
      {
      "saturationGain" : 1.0000,
      "valueGain"  : 1.0000
      },

<other colors/>
      "blue" :
      {
      "threshold"  : 1.0000,
      "gamma"  : 2.0000,
      "blacklevel" : 0.0000,
      "whitelevel" : 0.5000
      }
      }
      ],

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    No live capture (although I want to but I keep reading about it not working for everthing because of 50/60hz?)

I'll try it. This is when they should be off (i.e. no media playing), not just when screen is black.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Best to attach the hyperion config as well as used hardware setup (guessing WS2812 + Arduino + Raspberry using guide?), that way we can start ruling out some causes :)

50/60hz is the limit of the live capture hardware (analog converter), some got it working with 24hz somehow but even with different setups here it remains locked at 50/60hz which is fine for anything but multimedia.
    You also lose hdmi content info (game/video etc..) which some TV screens like Bravia use to determine which mode it needs to run like for gaming low latency mode, so you have manually specify that when the TV screen is in auto content mode.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi Rick. So I gave it some time with your version of the plugin above and after successfully updating Hyperion. I got another exit to desktop after watching an online videos youtube movie. No on screen error or messages, just dumped to desktop as usual. I attached the logs from immediately after this.

For hardware I am using WS2812B to rPi (model B I believe) and then to a genuine Arduino Uno. PC and rPI are networked with physical wires to a switch and all are using static IP's etc.. Arduino is connected via USB to the rPi.

I also attached the Hyperion config. But it is strange it hasn't always been this way. I never used to get these crashes but I haven't touched the rPi or Uno since day one

Thanks!

Attachments

• hyperion.config.json.txt
      35.6 KB

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, got some more info out of the logs and added additional debug logging in the attached build.
    Have an idea what is going one now, basically this is what the logs show:

- Tries to send image data however Hyperion connection is down
    - Tries to reconnect to Hyperion but fails
    - Tries to send Clear Hyperion priority <-- here's what shouldn't be happening because there's a check in place

With the new logging it will catch that specific error and not crash at least and if so can start thinking about a proper fix :)
    What might be happening is the connection goes repeatably back and forth from reachable to unreachable very fast and thus mid-connection it gets dropped, we should still take that into account and not crash Mediaportal though ;)

Attachments

• AtmoLight_1.17.0.5_TEST003.mpe1
      581.2 KB
    Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Thanks Rick. Just installed it and will see how it goes and report back any other crashes.

So do you think it is in relation to sleep / waking?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could be, Hyperion or the PCs LAN connection is unstable at some point at least.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi Rick.

So I've used the new version a little and now see different behavior. There is no longer crash to desktop but I now completely lose connectivity (or I always did before, just don't crash now). Symptom is no lights are on. Attempting to use the menu in MediaPortal to turn the lights on says no connection; constantly. A reboot of the Mediaportal machine (and nothing else touched) resolves the issues every time.

I also noted that whilst MePo is saying no connection could be established, I am able to use the Hyperion App on my iPhone no problem at all (I can control the lights with it). I am also able to play back media on the MePo machine also no problem. All the media is stored on a server on the same wired network as the rPi and the MePo machine. So I draw these conclusions:

- Connectivity to the network is fine for both MePo machine and rPi (both are streaming media and able to be connected to when the problem occurs)
    - For whatever reason MePo only has a problem connecting to Hyperion
    - Seems only solution is a restart of MePo machine (lights immediately start working again)

I attached latest logs. Thanks for the help!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, somehow it can't re-create the TCP socket after it loses connection to Hyperion and have no idea why yet but will keep on searching however so far trying to duplicate this has been impossible (nic disabling / rpi disconnect / etc..) :(
    One thing you could try to check to see if you get the same result.

- During video playback when Hyperion is still working either reboot the rPI or restart the Hyperiond process on it.
    - Check if AtmoLight restores the connection to Hyperion on its own.

Because if not we at least got a faster user case to reproduce the error :)
    .NET does report an forceful connection drop at first so something is definitely disconnecting it, maybe its only on that machine (firewall hickup?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom