AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (1 Viewer)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Aaaaand a new one already ;).

Fixed a bug where MediaPortal could crash to Desktop. This happend when AtmoLight was unable to kill AtmoWin. Also fixed a bug where AtmoLight would always disable the leds after a reconnect. Now it should change to the right effect again ;).

Main focus this time was adding blackbar detection to AtmoLight. If you watch a BluRay, a Remux, TV, Youtube videos and so on, you may have noticed that often the blackbars are encoded into the video itself. And therefore the leds on top and below stay off. Now AtmoLight is using a class provided by the ViewModeSwitcher plugin to detect and remove these blackbars. Note that ViewModeSwitcher has not to be enabled or setup for this. AtmoLight also does not interfere with any settings you might have added to ViewModeSwitcher and will not effect to picture displayed on your screen.
    The picture is scanned continiously for blackbars. This if to catch changes when e.g. watching TV. Default settings is to scan every frame for blackbars (setting 0 or 1), but if you experience any performance issues you can increase the time between each scan. You can of course enable and disable this feature in the configuration aswell as with the context menu.

If you have any more ideas what to add next to AtmoLight or what you would like to see changed, please let me know :).
    Also if you are missing your language for AtmoLight, we are greatfull for any help adding more languages :).

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Lightning,

great work and thanks for the update. Could you please provide a new modded mediaportal.exe (1.8 Pre Release) for using the Live-Mode within MP GUI?
    What needs to be modified within the MP.exe? is there any documentation or a .diff file of the needed changes?

Feature suggestion for Atmolight:
    • General: Is it possible to add some color/ StandAlone effects like Plasma, Fire or something else? Or would it be better to do add this inside Atmowin directly?
    • Music: Since the visualisation doesnt work with AtmoWin/ Atmolight it would be great to have some light effects acording to the music which is beeing played. I found this on Youtube: Ambilight Music
    THX in advance

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    great work and thanks for the update. Could you please provide a new modded mediaportal.exe (1.8 Pre Release) for using the Live-Mode within MP GUI?
    What needs to be modified within the MP.exe? is there any documentation or a .diff file of the needed changes?
    I did when 1.8 pre came out ;).
    https://ambilight-4-mediaportal.googlecode.com/git/MediaPortal/MediaPortal.exe/
    You can find the patch file here: https://github.com/ambilight-4-medi...d-UI-capture-for-AtmoLight-FrameGrabber.patch

General: Is it possible to add some color/ StandAlone effects like Plasma, Fire or something else? Or would it be better to do add this inside Atmowin directly?
    It is possible, as far as i have seen i can send led data directly to atmowin. Or i could just make a new surface/image and send this to atmowin as if it was the video image.

Music: Since the visualisation doesnt work with AtmoWin/ Atmolight it would be great to have some light effects acording to the music which is beeing played. I found this on Youtube: Ambilight Music
    Have to look into this, i would need to analyse the audio and then send the data to atmowin like i described above. Im not a big audiophil, so apart from linking frequency to color and amplitude to brightness, im not sure what else i could do there ;P.

I will look into both. Thanks for the suggestions!

B

BassFan

@azzuro this is based on audio spectrum.

has nothing to do with audio spectrum is only a Peakmeter (Level).
    for left and right channel

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is something i found online: Plasma Effect maybe its helpful for you

Oh my... looks like sooo much fun ;p.
    I thought, maybe i could add something like a gif reader. So you would define the path the a gif and than that is played on the leds. This way i dont have to come up with something nice or mathematical and everybody could use the gif he likes. It should also be easier to add new stuff, as photoshopping some nice colors should be way easier than to describe that all in math... :p

Example gifs:
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs12/f/2006/300/7/e/PlasmaStorm.gif
    http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs12/f/2006/301/f/7/PlasmaStorm2.gif
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs12/f/2006/302/2/2/PlasmaStorm3.gif

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would it be possible to use other keys than red, blue, green, yellow to turn off the LEDs or switch profiles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom