AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (3 Viewers)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would it be possible to use other keys than red, blue, green, yellow to turn off the LEDs or switch profiles?
    Actually, AtmoLight does not monitor the buttons, but the actions. So you can define the red/blue/green/yellow action to other keys. I for example use the "*" key to open the context menu.
    Have a look at the FAQ: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/atmolight-1-12-0-0-2014-06-01.125633/#post-1076671
    It shows (with picture) how to add the red button action to the red button, but you can add it in the same fashion to other buttons aswell.

sunfire7

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Great work and congrats to all who contribute to this great plug-in.

I am unable to save changes on version 1.12.0.0. A popup shows saying "enter a valid number of ms". No matter what numbers I put on the ms. Anyone else having this problem? I rolled back to previous version and no issue.

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great work and congrats to all who contribute to this great plug-in.

I am unable to save changes on version 1.12.0.0. A popup shows saying "enter a valid number of ms". No matter what numbers I put on the ms. Anyone else having this problem? I rolled back to previous version and no issue.
    Thanks for reporting!
    I was able to reproduce the bug. I fixed it and just uploaded a new version with this fix (1.12.1.0).

Nope, working fine here.
    Logs?
    Yeah, still no logging for config... But im going to add it, someday, promised! :whistle:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah, still no logging for config...
    I thought that Context Menu actions were also logged in MediaPortal.log? Or are those really only the actions from the remote key presses and not the errors?

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey @Lightning303

i finally found some time to test the new features (GIF reader and VU meter) both are working very well and are a nice enhancement to the plugin... THANKS for your work...again (y).
    The only thing i noticed is that the vu meter is on top level most of the time. Maybe we need to adjust the settings a bit or is it just based on my system/ audio settings?

B

BassFan

View attachment 151580 View attachment 151577
    @legnod The only thing i noticed is that the vu meter is on top level most of the time. Maybe we need to adjust the settings a bit or is it just based on my system/ audio settings?

i'm not @Lightning303 and give an answer for this!

@Lightning303
    i have not see in the source code to..
    i think your should get the Peakmeter from Audio Core (Application) not over FFT from Bass.
    my opinion.
    the advantage it then always works
    regardless on Video \ TV or music is played

do use Bass then i hope your use
    BassChannelGetLevel for right and left Channel ;)

for Master Volume.. should then be Change to Application Volume.
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/18520/Vista-Core-Audio-API-Master-Volume-Control

i have finish it for Delphi this not help you so see code above,

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i finally found some time to test the new features (GIF reader and VU meter) both are working very well and are a nice enhancement to the plugin... THANKS for your work...again .
    Which version did you test? From git? Well i guess so, i didnt upload a test version with vu meter in it if i recall correctly ;p. I did some major improvements to the gif reader yesterday and some small fixes today.

The only thing i noticed is that the vu meter is on top level most of the time. Maybe we need to adjust the settings a bit or is it just based on my system/ audio settings?
    That should be independant from your system, but @HomeY and i saw that webradio had pretty low values, mp3 avarage and flac very high levels. Of course this is just a generalisation, but thats what we saw. As is, our implementation does not represent a normal vu meter. Normally these things have logorithmic scales, and our is not logorithmic, nor is it linear for that matter. We tried some values and found these to be the nicest. But as you have compiled your version yourself, you can off course try values yourself and if you find something let us know.
    You can find the boundries for the 10 segments here:
    https://github.com/ambilight-4-medi...FEATURE_Gif_Reader/AtmoLight.Core/Core.cs#L78

Example:
    If the value is bigger than -2 than first segment (red) gets shown.
    If value is bigger than -5 then second segment (still red) gets shown.
    and so on.

i'm not @Lightning303 and give an answer for this!
    Sadly, not everybody can be me :p.

i have not see in the source code to..
    i think your should get the Peakmeter from Audio Core (Application) not over FFT from Bass.
    my opinion.
    the advantage it then always works
    regardless on Video \ TV or music is played
    do use Bass then i hope your use
    BassChannelGetLevel for right and left Channel

As i said before im not that big of an audiophile, so my knowledge is limited. Currently i get the levels for left and right channel from the RMS method in the BassAudioEngine class. Like mp is doing to show a vu meter when music is playing. Looks like this method is using ChannelGetLevel.
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...sicPlayer/BASS/BassAudioEngine.cs#L2698-L2737

As you mentioned, we found out that this limits the vu meter to audio that gets played back using the bass engine. So only music and webradio (no dvb radio).
    If you can give me hint how to use peakmeter from audio core, it would be highly appreciated :).

B

BassFan

@Lightning303 If you can give me hint how to use peakmeter from audio core, it would be highly appreciated

i have do it and is better for Video/TV and Music
    see my edit in previous post.

Currently i get the levels for left and right channel from the RMS method
    is wrong.. by the way not my Problem ;)
    Code:
    dbLeft = 20.0 * Math.Log10(fpeakL);
    LOL..

greets

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom