AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tried reboot on rpi, strangely when it came back up there was some movement of the lights on the bottom (blue on sides and top). MePo won't connect still.
    I went in with hyperion app and turned the lights off, worked fine. Soon as this finishes I'll exit MePo and try ssh in to the rpi.

Just read you said while its working. This was whilst it wasn't, will test that too.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    So I haven't tested reboot during working playback. But I was able to exit MePo and ssh straight in. I also went in windows firewall (I have no 3rd party antivirus or firewalls installed) and I already have an exception in there to the ip and port for Hyperion.. must of put it there when I first installed everything. So we can rule out firewall yes?

EDIT: Rebooted PC and lights working OK as usual. Ssh in and used Reboot command, after reboot and colour cycling like it normally does, 10 seconds later its working fine with the media playback (kept MePo playing the media throughout without stopping). So it was able to reestablish.

It seems like after hibernation only maybe? (will make a mental note to remember when it starts happening each time).

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seems like after hibernation only maybe? (will make a mental note to remember when it starts happening each time).

Yeah it must be some system specific as code wise I don't see where it can go wrong atm, what we can try as well is raising the following delays:

Reconnect delay (Hyperion tab) to 20000 (20 seconds) or higher
    Delay after standby (Main tab) to to 20000 (20 seconds) or higher

This should give AtmoLight more time to reconnect in both standby or disconnect cases :)

Last edited:

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    New public release 1.18.0.0 is out today :D
    @Lightning303 could you update the first post and the mediaportal extensions page?

Here's the change log for those wanting to know the improvements and new features already:

Version 1.18.0.0

- Added "Change Image Delay" option for AmbiBox
    - Fixed changing static color via remote API for AtmoWin
    - Added support for non-default MP data folder location
    - Fixed Boblight not being able to connect properly
    - Fixed AtmoOrb UDP IP connection
    - Fixed multiple bugs in the AtmoOrb SetupForm tab
    - Added option to enable/disable AtmoOrb smoothing
    - Improved AtmoOrb static color behaviour
    - Added "Smoothing Threshold" option to AtmoOrb handler
    - Fixed bug where lights could change even though they shouldn't
    - Localization improvements and fixes
    - MadVR support

Still have the Hue changes to theather mode on the to-do list and will add those in the next release which will be out either this month or early next month :)

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hey Rick, I'm sure I spotted you post a colour config guide somewhere when you said there was a new hyperion version (which I just installed), but for the life of me I can't find it again.. got a link?

PS I never managed to stop these atmolight problems I was having and I also had some weird situations where media started with black screen and no sound, or failed to start at all with just black screen. Reinstalled MePo to see if it helps and updating everything again.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For Hyperion color config we have it in the wiki :)

https://hyperion-project.org/wiki/Color-Calibration

New Hyperion apps (cross platform) are in the works written with Xamarin which will allow you do this all on the fly with saving the configuration remotely as well, made some progress on those this week but can expect a early version next month.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Yeah I'm getting loads of Java errors with the SSH thing, won't connect to openelec rpi. How do you get a settings.json out of Hypercon?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Could you open a topic on the Hyperion forum with the Java errors, Brindosch there can take a look then as he's the maintainer / developer of HyperCon :)
    We had some issue with the older HyperCon versions so best to update in case you're running an old version.

You can get the config manually via WinSCP and connecting to the RPi with the same login info, it's located in /opt/hyperion/config

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ah right, it's the "Create Hyperion configuration" button at the bottom of HyperCon as that will output a .json config :)

WinSCP is an FTP client which connects via SSH, you can browse files / folders that way.

PS I never managed to stop these atmolight problems I was having and I also had some weird situations where media started with black screen and no sound, or failed to start at all with just black screen. Reinstalled MePo to see if it helps and updating everything again.

Will PM you an early build of AtmoLight in case you still run into these issues as there's some rework in it relating to connections and how it sends frames :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom