AtmoLight - 1.18.6.0 [2016-09-21] (3 Viewers)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    [DEBUG] - AtmoLight: AmbiBoxHandler - API reports led count: 235

So it must be an ambibox issue :(

How hard would it be to implement automatic profile selection based on aspect ratio detected ?

/gibman

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That sucks, odd thing to hard code as I figure they could support more just fine.

If Mediaportal player on the gplayer_playbackstarted event could supply the aspect ratio directly it should be doable and just needs a slight expansion on our handler interface to parse the extra information :) , can then add an extra tab for profiles in settings what do with each known aspect ratio and switch accordingly.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    MP wont be able to detect automatically aspect ratio since bluray movies got black bars encoded in the video so they will always be reported as 16×9.

Lightning303 already implemented a manual black bar detection menu which the user can trigger upon entering atmolight OSD menu. Why not tie up the profile selection with this?

I mean if the user is using ambibox + if profile is found then activate it once the user manually sets the black bar detection aspect ratio. Otherwise simply change black bar detection.

Just an idea :)

Sent from my GT-I9205 using Tapatalk

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would rather make it automatic profiles depending on aspect ratio for ease of use but it indeed might be error prone :) , we do have the manual profile selection in above V2 test release which does offer some control only not sure if it will switch dynamically during playback as AtmoLight currently will keep on sending to AmbiBox no matter the profile.
    So to make that a bit more complete we would need to know which profiles are offered for selection from Ambibox API after some testing.

Combining it with manual black bar selection is a nice idea, will see if something like that can integrate nicely :)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Rick, would appreciate any advice you could share :)

So I finally got around to wiping my rPi and putting Raspbian Jessie on it. All gone well, Hyperion installed, config loaded. I can connect with Hyperion iOS app and control the lights with it via the rPi so figuring my hyperion config is half working at least and it's connecting to the arduino OK. I can also control lights using the live update in the Hyperion config tool OK.

But I still have problems. I have IP configured in Atmolight plugin 192.168.1.247 (same IP I set as static in Raspbian and the iOS ap). I see the following behaviour:

- Load MePo
    - Start Media Playback
    - Immediately I see the booteffect I setup in Hyperion
    - No lights on at all
    - Approx 10 seconds after the booteffect I see the booteffect again
    - No lights on at all

This seems to just cycle on and on. Lights never work except for cycling the booteffect. I'm guessing MePo/Atmolight is causing it as when I close MePo the cycling stops (although simply stopping play back does not stop it has to be quit MePo).

In my Mediaportal Error log I see many entries like this:
    Code:
    [2016-09-18 10:06:24,418] [Error  ] [38       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Error while sending proto request
    [2016-09-18 10:06:24,428] [Error  ] [38       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Exception: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
    [2016-09-18 10:06:26,690] [Error  ] [64       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Error while checking IP for hostname string
    [2016-09-18 10:06:26,701] [Error  ] [64       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    [2016-09-18 10:06:28,963] [Error  ] [64       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Error while checking IP for hostname string
    [2016-09-18 10:06:28,979] [Error  ] [64       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    [2016-09-18 10:06:39,103] [Error  ] [38       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Error while sending proto request
    [2016-09-18 10:06:39,115] [Error  ] [38       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Exception: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
    [2016-09-18 10:06:41,378] [Error  ] [64       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Error while checking IP for hostname string
    [2016-09-18 10:06:41,403] [Error  ] [64       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    [2016-09-18 10:06:43,674] [Error  ] [64       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Error while checking IP for hostname string
    [2016-09-18 10:06:43,686] [Error  ] [64       ] [ERROR] - AtmoLight: HyperionHandler - Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

I checked my machines connectivity to the rPi and it seems OK:

ip.jpg

Any ideas??

Thanks

EDIT: Added my hyperion config and some shots of my Atmolight setup:

atmowin2.jpg atmowin1.jpg

I also noticed I had internal grabber activates but didn't need it so I disabled. But still same behaviour.

EDIT 2: Added Hyperion log file.. It looks like Hyperion is crashing?

Attachments

• hyperion.config.zip
      3.1 KB
    Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Oh man it was all the ports fault. I was giving it the json and not proto port in atmolight haha. Noob.

Anyhow, how to increase baud rate on rPi with Raspbian. The commands on your guide don't work.. :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hehe, good to hear the issue is finally found :)

Baud rate for Rasbian requires a bit of an workaround and not sure if they ever made that easier, you need to update the crontab and add a command to increase baud rate.
    Replace/dev/ttyAMA0 with your Arduino USB device below if invalid:

Code:
    - Create SSH session to RPi
    - Execute command:

crontab -e

- Add below line and press F2 to save afterwards

@reboot sudo stty -F /dev/ttyAMA0 14745600

- Now reboot RPi and it should be applied

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Non-root user is fine as sudo makes sure it can execute the command, the default user can do sudo without password :)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

did I miss something, is it me or is it known? VU Meter Rainbow and VU Meter is not working with AtmoOrb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom